• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by poah.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Coil shock on radon swoop170?
  • deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

Hi all
    I’m considering fitting a coil shock to my Radon Swoop 170 .
    Please can anyone tell me if coil shock is suitable for that suspension design?
    Also can I just for any stock coil shock? or do I have to get a certain type or tune /platform like air shocks
    Thanks for any advice Tam

yetichon
    Free Member

I don’t really know, but the Swoop suspension design is linear, at least way more than a Capra or a Strive for exemple.

As coil shocks being already more linear than air shocks, I’m not sure this is a good idea…

This need to be confirmed by someone who knows his stuff tho (not my case at all).

jakehinton
    Free Member

Maybe give TF a call and check with them about the suitability on that frame. If you go for a CCDB you can tune it how you like. Awesome shocks but take a little dialing in.

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

Thanks for help
    The Rockshock kage at £200 seems good option for Alps holiday .the come in medium and low tune ?

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

Thanks for help
    The Rockshock kage at £200 seems good option for Alps holiday .the come in medium and low tune ?

ehrob

If it’s just for an Alps trip and you’ve got a piggyback air shock on there already I would not be concerned and be saving the money. Assuming its a Vivid it’ll be great.

chakaping
    Free Member

Did you ask Radon?

Personally I’d agree that the Vivid Air is probably at least as good as a basic coil shock. Not to say I wouldn’t consider fitting a CCDB coil if I was taking mine to the Alps.

Let us know how it goes anyway.

PS. I can confirm that they work very well with a DBair, and the climb switch is very useful.

poah
    Free Member

its fairly linear like my suppressor. it will tend to bottom out more but I’d be more inclined to stick with the air shock with the swoop.

kiksy
    Free Member

the kinematics of the 2013 model are here:

http://linkagedesign.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/radon-swoop-2013.html?m=1

Don’t know if the model has changed much since then though.

As above, I wouldn’t bother putting a coil on a linear suspension. From experience it just doesn’t really work.

yetichon
    Free Member
    poah
    Free Member

swoop is 2.85-2.6 ratio my suppressor is 2.55-2.3 and I have no problems running a coil but I don’t run DH tracks or do big jumps etc. When I have bottomed out its never been noticeable. you can run a harder than normal spring and still have better than air shock sensitivity.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Coil shock on radon swoop170?’ is closed to new replies.