Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Coil shock for SANTA CRUZ BUTCHER
  • ruffriders
    Free Member

Looking a puting a coil rear shock on my santa cruz butcher and need some advice. i just dont feel my rp23 is up to the job. ive never seen this done before but sc website says it can be done. was looking at a cane creek double barrel but think it may be too big

Kbrembo
    Free Member

What size shock does the Butcher use?
    8.5” x 2.5” (216x 63mm)

CCDB Sizes

Very Standard size!

CCDB is a great choice!

Depending on your riding style and terrain, the coil will transform your bike…once set up properly.

Also look at the Bos Stoy and the Fox Coils…..

Go for what ever your budget can handle!

Good Luck

godzilla
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with the RP23 just get a re-valve to suit the bike, i wasnt impressed with the RP on my heckler when it came (2011) i called Mojo about a coil but they talked me out of it, i took the bike to the Alps and it ate everything.
    Butcher is deffo 216×63 8.5×2.5

SBrock
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with the RP23 just get a re-valve to suit the bike

What is involved in a re-valve?

Thinking about this on my Butcher cos think the back end could be a lot more supple than it is!

neil853
    Free Member

I had the same issue with my Blur LTc, just seemed to blow through the first part of the travel and sit there. Sent it back to Mojo who did a custom re-valve, they didn’t get it quite right first time but said if I wasn’t happy that they would alter the tuning for free! all I had to do was send it back. Really happy with it, although I’ve lost over 2 stone in weight so I should really send it back 🙄

SBrock
    Free Member

Neil, did they re-valve it, my Butcher is doing more or less the same! May give Loco a call think he does a re-valve and lots of people on here have used him.

neil853
    Free Member

Yes they re-valved it. LOCO does the same and seems a good chap 🙂

SBrock
    Free Member

@ruffriders, did you do put a CCDB on your butcher

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Coil shock for SANTA CRUZ BUTCHER’ is closed to new replies.