Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • coil revs coil pikes how much difference in stiffnes
  • karnali
    Free Member

does the maxle give the pikes. 11st wet through riding them?

retro83
    Free Member

Assuming you mean QR revs vs 20mm Pikes (not the 20mm revs) then yes there is a noticeable difference. I imagine that the 20mm Revs would feel identical to the Pikes.

karnali
    Free Member

yes qr revs maxle pikes

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Maxle is worth having. It’s better in every way than QR – Faster to remove/inset wheel, more secure, stiffer. Once you’ve had one you won’t go back to QR!
    🙂

The Pikes are otherwise more sturdily built than the Revs, different crown at least, but I doubt there’s a huge difference.

steve_b77
    Free Member

There’s a very similar post to this on pinkbike right now about choosing between Revs & Pikes, all be it both with the 20mm axel variety.

I have both of the forks in question a ’08 426 coil u-turn rev (QR edition) and a 327 coil U-turn pike, the revs are defo a lighter duty set of forks, more suited to general trail riding an XC kinda things, the pikes are alot burlier and more suited to pointing down hill over ruff stuff.

heihei

Having ridden both, Pikes are stiffer than 20mm Revs.

mildred

I have some 454 Pikes and 426 Rev’s both 20mm maxle and there is no noticeable difference. The fork lowers on both are identical, with identical castings etc, but the crowns are different.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘coil revs coil pikes how much difference in stiffnes’ is closed to new replies.