Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • coil forks..
  • MartynS

what are my options these days..

Fox Vanilla I know about, It seems Rockshox are only doing Recons as coil. Revelations are all air now aren’t they?

alternatively what’s a good 100-130mm Air fork?
    I’ve always had coil forks so don’t know much about how good air ones are now!

sambob
    Free Member

Spaced down Revs? 18 Bikes had a Sektor Air cheapish last time I was in, if that can be spaced down I’d go for those. Or Buy my Pike U-Turns?

MartynS

didn’t like pikes…!!
    anyway its a long story which I’ll bore you with when I get the bikes sorted out, and see you next!

warpcow
    Free Member

Sektor comes in coil, or it did at least. Fixed length or dual-position (u-turn the year before).

sambob
    Free Member

Did you get all rad and break your forks? Any plans for a ride on Saturday?

MartynS
    MartynS

I had coil Revelations/Recons that I really liked, the Sektor looks like its a bit heavy..

I’ll keep looking!

sambob
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss 🙁 You’re welcome to borrow my Specialized if you fancy a ride on Sunday out this way? I’m working so don’t need it.

sambob
    Free Member

What axle? Merlin have some bargains about.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 coil Sektor uturn. Need to be a s/hand pair (or NOS) as the latest ones aren’t uturn. Good budget, adjustable, 20mm fork. Not heavy at all. Think Recons with a 20mm platform and a bit more travel.

nbt

I’m not riding this weekend, you can use one of mine if you want to get out – the roscoe has floats on the front so you can compare them to the vanillas you had

_tom_
    Free Member

I have some Pike 454 Dual Airs that feel great to me, might sell as I can’t be arsed with the upkeep of 2 mtbs any more, plus shed space would be useful apparently! How come you didn’t get on with the Pikes you had before?

MartynS

I had 454 coils on my Turner 5spot.. dunno, just didn’t like the way they made the bike feel. Went back to 32 Vanilla RLC and they were just what I wanted. I think I found the pikes to heavy.
    Looks like Fox now only do Vanillas in 36 now..wanted 32’s

And NBT/Sambob you are both more than generous with the bike offers but as they took my camelbacks with all my bits in as well I’m reluctant to get out without my stuff if you know what I mean..

nbt

We can sort camelbaks and tools as well – we are literally not riding this weekend (other plans) so you can use mine, and you will be ok on a thursday evening jaunt with “team spares”

sambob
    Free Member

They took your Camelbak? That’s just odd.

sambob
    Free Member

I fancy riding on Saturday from Hayfield, so you could borrow Jules’s bike and bits and we could ride from there if that works?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Martyn air forms really have come a long way in the last few years. It’s why Fox no longer make the 32 in coil. That said why don’t you look at the Zoke 44s. You’re light enough for them to used without having to resort to preload and they are so plush at least the ones I’ve pushed up and down in the car park. They would really suit your five spot.

What else do you need? I’ve got some kit lying around you could boost.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have 120/150 Sektors on my BFe, very happy with them.

Northwind

Yep, don’t go by default to coil just because it’s what you know… Coil’s still sometimes better at some jobs IMO but air has got pretty damn good

therealhoops
    Free Member

351 Recons with a firm spring or dual air Reba SL’s. I’ve ridden ’em through hell and high water and they’re still silky smooth and mark free.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘coil forks..’ is closed to new replies.