Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Coffeetrackworld, my coffee has improved a lot with a small outlay.
  • kayak23

I’ve just been given one of these by someone who bought a fancy machine.

It makes cappuccino. You put milk in the top bit and it froths it through, just water if you want black coffee.
    It’s pretty sweet but I’ve yet to master a perfect cup.

MrSmith
    Free Member

It makes frothy milk with stovetop coffee.
    You need espresso coffee and steamed microfoam (not the bubbly stuff in the pic) milk to make a cappuccino.
    Mind you they make ‘cappuccino’ from a sachet with hot water these days 😐

martinh
    Free Member

Don’t worry TooTall there are some filter lovers here. No point posting pics though as the equipment is a lot less photogenic.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kayak23

Point taken Mrsmith. It makes better coffee than instant is the main thing for me and I usually have black coffee anyway. 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

No point posting pics though as the equipment is a lot less photogenic.

Oh I dunno

MrSmith
    Free Member

For all the London based coffee lovers there’s a new free magazine out called Caffeine, it’s available in most quality independents (not Starbucks, costa or Nero’s) got some lovely photographs in it by yours truly 8)
    Theres a feature on a filter set-up for enthusiasts, grinder/scales/filter.
    Copies are disappearing fast though so be quick.

tomtomthepipersson

Cafetiere, burr grinder and beans from nudeespresso does it for me. Currently buzzing off their East beans.

epicsteve
    Free Member

We started off with a seperate grinder etc. but eventually ended up with this:

Fantastic bit of kit. Ok it might be possible to get better coffee by messing around with various arcane metalwork but this delivers great coffee with minimum hassle. It’s also fast – from switch-on in the morning to first cup in my hand is probably under 2 minutes.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Slightly off topic, but did anyone see the short film on Ch4 years and years ago about an unusual romance. Normally it starts with coffee and ends with sex, this one started with sex and ended in coffee.

Was a really interesting watch, but seeing as it was on about 15 years ago I can’t imagine anyone saw it. Still good to keep things topical.

righog
    Free Member

UH.. Had a look for it found this. 😀

Coffee Time

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

righog, quality.

dukeduvet

only just managed to get back on here – the effects of a stove top with no water are.

1. Melted seal
    2. Melted handle and top thingy
    3. Horrendous smell of burnt coffee, burnt plastic & rubber which nearly asphyxiated me.

Best way to cheap decent coffee mind, cafatieres go cold too quick but none of that with the stove top

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Hasbean coffee beans, burr grinder, stove top here, loving it.

djglover
    Free Member

Got a gaggia mdf for my birthday from the wife, definitely the be investment in coffee making made to date!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Coffeetrackworld, my coffee has improved a lot with a small outlay.’ is closed to new replies.