Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Coffee/drinks machines (home) – Help please
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

OK, managed to pick up a Tassimo cheap from some freinds for £25 so am giving it a whirl (unwanted wedding gift, hardly used). Just got some Costa Cappuchino pods to try it out. The espresso is pretty good but I don’t like the milk pods that come with it- tastes like UHT milk, so plasticy, so will definitely be getting a milk frother and using real milk and use the Tassimo for the espresso. So my question is which Tassimo espresso pods give the best espresso?

Yes I know you can get better coffee via other means and machines, but I just want a simple convenient machine that delivers a half decent espresso shot in seconds and doesn’t require a load of cleaning up afterwards like my current manual espresso machine.

Cheers STW collective.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Aeropress, stove top and caratierre here with Has Bean coffee beans and a Krupps Burr grinder.

I think it’s a close thing betwixt the aeropress and stove top. Still can’t make my mind up which I prefer but the aeropress is a a bit quicker and less hassle.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I use my Dolce Gusto every day, in fact I’m drinking a latte macchiato right now. If you do go for a pod machine the Dolce Gusto is cheaper to run than the other types and the supermarkets now stock a fair range of pods. Watch you for the drinks that need two pods (coffee and milk) as they work out much more expensive per cup.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve a gagia baby which is a bit more faff than capsules but makes better coffee than costa etc with ground coffee from tesco. Its not perfect but for 1-2 cups a day its more than acceptable.

Id considder a grinder if I worked from home and arround enough to actualy be buying fresh beans every week.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Coffee/drinks machines (home) – Help please’ is closed to new replies.