Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Coffee Snobs PSA
  • soobalias
    Free Member

well snob might be pushing it.

average grade, ground coffee, from your usual supermarket = £3
    daily grade, ground coffee, from poundland = £1

and you know what, put either through the stove top pot and they are equally drinkable.

so my saving of £4 a month should cover my next bike in 5yrs of coffee drinking. bingo/bargain.

cinnamon_girl

*awaits the haterz*

😉

Aldi coffee drinker here, £1.79 per pack.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

Thanks. I find anything that goes through the aeropress tastes pretty good.

simondbarnes

You buy bikes for £240?

wwaswas

You buy bikes for £240?

cheapskates *always* buy cheap 😉

MoreCashThanDash

Aldi here, preferably the “posh” version

soobalias
    Free Member

£240 will also cover lights, lid and hrm

cinnamon_girl

Aldi here, preferably the “posh” version

Tell me more please. 🙂 I use strength 3.

MoreCashThanDash

CG – Theres the normal version – purply packet with pictures of coffee beans on, and the posh ones are usually black packets with pictures of the appropriate jungle on, whether it is columbian or ethiopian or whatever. Tastes a little more refined for not much more money, still cheaper than supermarket value brands

Bregante

Slight hijack but I’ve just received an aeropress for crimbo. Any other recommendations for ground coffee? (No aldi particularly local)
    I plan to take it to work as I have a coffee machine at home but was toying with getting a cheap burr grinder and doing my own but wouldn’t know where to start tbh.

MoreCashThanDash

Have a look at Pact coffees web site – found them with a freebie from probikekit, think they did a freebie in cycling weekly as well. Nice coffee, options on how fine you like it ground depending on how you make it, but keen to send you a pack a week, always put a long break on your account to avoid a stockpile!

(When I’m not using Aldi’s finest, obviously)

PiknMix
    Free Member

All the Taylor’s range are on offer at the moment in the co-op and Sainsburys, hot lava java (strength 6) is my current favorite.
    Had to buy a cheapy Sainsburys taste the difference as I needed to season my new moka pot.

nick1962
    Free Member

Tell me more please. I use strength 3.

XC minceur!
    4 or 5 for true weekend warriors
    I rate the own brand coffee from Ikea,beans and ready ground.

bigblackshed

This from Lidl. Great through the new Aeropress.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Aldi Java is what I’ve found the nicest, it’s strength 4.

Bregante

Well everyday is a school day! Just been told that there is an Aldi less than 10 mins walk from me. I really do need to pay more attention because apparently I’ve been in it in the last few weeks 😕

budgierider67

I find Lavazza works well with the Aeropress.
    The twinpack is on offer in Waitrose with about 40% discount at the moment. Shopping there has the added advantage that you don’t have to put Vicks under your nose 😉

cinnamon_girl

CG – Theres the normal version – purply packet with pictures of coffee beans on, and the posh ones are usually black packets with pictures of the appropriate jungle on, whether it is columbian or ethiopian or whatever. Tastes a little more refined for not much more money, still cheaper than supermarket value brands

Thanks very much. 🙂 Double-checked and am using strength 4 in a maroon, black and gold coloured packet. Need to go there again soon so will take a look.

Waitrose are doing either 20% or 25% off their own brand coffee, have bought a selection to try.

MoreCashThanDash

Waitrose own is good stuff too. Our friendly Occado man brings some occasionally. With other stuff, I hasten to add, as this thread reads like I live on cheap coffee.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Coffee Snobs PSA’ is closed to new replies.