Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • coffee machines – what would you reccomend around £300 ?
  • iainc

We are in a fortunate position of having to pick a gift item for the house to a value of £300. We need to identify one and it is being bought by another family member – long boring story…

anyway, we reckoned a bit of indulgence would be nice so a coffee machine is top of list at present. Currently have a Dolce Gusto pod job and like it. Thinking of low hassle type – bean to cup perhaps ? as although I love coffee I know chuff all about it. reccomendations please, many thanks

alibongo001

I got a Delonghi Mgnifica from Ebay recently from a company in Nottingham for about 200 recently (refurbed)

Great coffee, look OK

I would buy another if the opportunity arose again

HTH
    Al.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Also got a Delonghi Magnifica here, though a slightly more expensive one. It’s great, and the cheaper one is also really good (my Mum’s got one). I went from a Gaggia Classic, which admittedly made slightly better coffee, but with far more hassle. Wouldn’t go back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iainc

many thanks – looks like I can get that Delonghi on Amazon in budget, so will have a detailed look, cheers

ransos
    Free Member

Gaggia classic. Looks good, well made, makes great coffee. I can’t say I find it much hassle to use. You should be able to get one for less than £300, which leaves change for the all-important burr grinder.

andyfla
    Free Member

Gaggia Classic as well from me, excellent coffee

strackbaz
    Free Member

You must be bored Iain! You must’ve finished the mtb DVD session already.

If you could increase your budget ever so slightly, this would be my choice http://www.coffeeitalia.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=isomac-f

It looks fantastic and has a “manometer”, sounds completely made up, but you can see it in the picture:-D

You could justify it by telling yourself that whilst your recovering, you’re not wearing out those drivechain components, thus not having to spend £75 on a random bits that you’ll need to replace soon.

If you’re really bored, I’ve got some outstanding committee duties needing tied up;-)

iainc

LOL Barry 😆

Budget is unfortunately set, so can’t talk myself up on this one !

…oh, the spares cupboard is looking like a healthy stock level though 8)

singlecrack
    Free Member

FrancisFrancis x1 .

But I have to say I also opted for the Delonghi Magnifica …..arrived today so I will be up all night I guess

mefty
    Free Member

Despite it being contrary to all your requirements, you should be get a Pavoni, one doesn’t make a coffee with a Pavoni, you coax one from it.

peteimpreza

In budget and what I have. Superb machine and the cafe Italia people are also highly recommended.

Gaggia Baby Twin

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

The Gaggia Classis is usually hovering at around £200 on Amazon.

I try to avoid Amazon, preferring to support local shops, and for an easy life for warranty issues, but Gaggia don’t really seem to have the presence their machines used to in the UK since Phillips took them over.

boblo
    Free Member

Rancilio Sylvia is the domestic tool of choice. Do a Google, read the reviews, cough the cash, drink the coffee. The end 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘coffee machines – what would you reccomend around £300 ?’ is closed to new replies.