Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Coffee Machine World
  • ChuckMorris
    Free Member

I’m after a decent coffee machine but looking at all the choices has left me pretty overwhelmed.

I think I’m after a bean-to-cup machine. I love the starbucks colombia narino blend and would like to try others.

My budget would be around £250-ish.

What do you recommend?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

DeLonghi Magnifica. Does a good job simply.

Tried a Sage and it was great if you got every single control in just the right place for each cup. Too much faffage for first thiing in the morning.

My wife got me a Handpicked coffe sub for Xmas, and I’ve had a couple of startlingly good bags out of it so far.

But I also like many of the Starbucks beans. For soemthing you can get at Tesco they are pretty good.

Murray

^
    |
    Wot he said

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve got a Sage, wasn’t £250 though.

I’ve had it for about 4 weeks and so far all I’ve done it throw some beansin it, turn a dial on the side and turn a dial on the front then press blend.. put he basket in to collect ground coffee, then pad, then put it in the other slot and press single or double.

It’s been great so far but my oh my is the coffee strong 🙄

Cougar

I’d recommend posting in the right forum. LMMTFY.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Cougar – apologies, thanks!

johndoh
    Free Member

We just got one of these for the office

http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/Delonghi-ECAM22-360-S-Magnifica-Bean-to-Cup-Machine/id-DEL-COF-ECAM22360-S

It was an amazingly cheap £350 from Currys just after Christmas but I think it has gone up again now.

It is pretty decent for a one touch machine but it isn’t a patch on my Gaggia Classic at home – granted that requires much more faff and mess.

veedubba

I have a Gaggia Titanium going cheap (ish) if you want one?

Sui
    Free Member

Got me a Melitta one;

http://www.international.melitta.de/en/CAFFEO-SOLO-Perfect-Milk-762.html?scrolltoindex=10

found it cheap
    http://www.maxicoffee.com/melitta-caffeo-solo-perfect-milk-deluxe-anthracite-957305-maxipack-garantie-p-10249-3_91_140.html

i paid less tyhan that, but it’s brilliant and i don’t have to think about what to do. I pondered over the, ooooh i;’ll experiement with different grounds blah blah blah, then thought, …No, i’m a lazy untc so want to come down, press a button and have a good cup ready. To be honest, the “frothy milk wand” is 5hit, so get the one without, it’s MUCH cheaper…

siwhite
    Free Member

DeLonghi bean-to-cup jobber. A shade over £100 on eBay, secondhand. It just works, everytime. Beans and water poured in, old coffee slugs out the other, with lovely coffee as a useful by product.

deadkenny
    Free Member

But I also like many of the Starbucks beans

😯

Though to be fair, maybe the beans are okay, but that concludes that Starbucks themselves are just utterly crap at making coffee in their shops. Disgusting stuff (likewise Costa).

craigxxl
    Free Member

I had a Gaggia Titanium which was OK but was temperamental with the beans used. It failed after just over 2 years. Now have a Delonghi and it beats the Gaggia hands down on taste, ease of use and cleaning.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

maybe the beans are okay, but that concludes that Starbucks themselves are just utterly crap at making coffee

Almost certainly.

Starbucks roast some of the beans you can get in a 1kg sack at Costco, and they are much better than the likes of Lavazza.

Fresher is better though.

chewkw
    Free Member

craigxxl – Member
    … Now have a Delonghi and it beats the Gaggia hands down on taste, ease of use and cleaning.

Which Delonghi model are you referring to?

As I may need to buy one as present.

🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Coffee Machine World’ is closed to new replies.