Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Coffee Machine, budget £130 – help please?
  • votchy
    Free Member

so what do you coffee drinking types recommend for around the £130 mark?

mrblobby
    Free Member

What sort of coffee do you want to make?

jimdubleyou

You can get a Nespresso machine for under £70.

We used to have a bean to cup filter thing – couldn’t recommend one of those.

Always fancied learning how to use a proper espresso machine, but I’m not sure I could be bother with the faff.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Always fancied learning how to use a proper espresso machine, but I’m not sure I could be bother with the faff.

Hear this a lot but really it isn’t a faff day to day. Turn the machine on when I come down, give it some 15 mins to warm up, then make an espresso in the 2 minutes my porridge takes in the microwave. The faff really is getting everything tuned in properly in the first place. Then cleaning it every few weeks (back flush, descale.) The end product is definitely worth any extra effort over, say, a nespesso machine.

Only real downside is that you then get use to a well prepared espresso and anything that isn’t (most costa/starbucks/etc.) is a bit unsatisfactory 🙂

lorax

How about an Aeropress and a burr grinder, plus a decent milk heater/frother if there’s still money in the budget?

siwhite
    Free Member

Second hand Delonghi bean-to-cup from ebay – magic bit of kit. No daily cleaning if you don’t use the steam wand, just fill the reservoir and empty the grindings every week.

jimdubleyou

Hear this a lot but really it isn’t a faff day to day….. lots of faff

I’ll get one when I retire. 🙂

In the meantime, I’ll stick to Nespresso at home (90 seconds heat up, 45 second pour) and get my good-stuff hit from the shop at the station. 😛

votchy
    Free Member

What sort of coffee do you want to make?

Hot lol

Sorry but was thinking something that you put those pods in and get a cup of coffee out of as it is a present for someone who thinks starbucks is the be all and end all of coffee 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Coffee Machine, budget £130 – help please?’ is closed to new replies.