• This topic has 33 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Coffee lover falls in love with Tassimo
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

I (used to) pop into Costa on many occasions to relieve them of a black Americano Massimo to the tune of £2.40 a pop. I enjoy it immensely so I think that’s cheap.

Anyway, I recently took a punt on a Bosch Massimo pod machine. Just the small Vivy TAS1252 for £40 and a 16 hit pack of Costa Americano.

Oh me on my.

I have found coffee nirvana. It’s right here in my kitchen every morning. Effortless and perfect every time.

What’s more, buying the packs 5 at a time from Amazon bring the price of the pods down to £15. £15 for 60 perfect cups!

I honestly think this is the best thing I have ever bought.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s great that you’ve found a way to save money and that you’re pleased with your purchase.

I’d prepare myself for some negative comments though. 🙂

munkyboy
    Free Member

For some balance I thought it was awful and sold the machine within a week.

scotroutes

Loving mine. Especially for the Costa Americano.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Yes deadlydarcy, I’m prepared.

I’m also dead chuffed with my purchase and its results and I don’t give a stuff what any coffee snobs think

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t give a stuff what any coffee snobs think

That’s more like it. 😀

grilla
    Free Member

I’ve been tempted, but does it make a proper mug full of coffee, or just a teacups worth ?

bonzodog
    Free Member

The barcodes on the pods are read by the machine to tell it what it’s making (late , cappuccino, etc) & how much water to give it. In the case of the Americano (which is the only one I’ve tried), it makes a perfect strength coffee in smallish cup.

You can of course hold the water button for more hot water, or bang another pod in over a giant mug (if you don’t like sleeping).

jambalaya
    Free Member

Having been a big fan of Bialeti pots I am now a 100% convert to Nespresso, the quality, consistency and convenience of these coffee machines is very good.

cranberry
    Free Member

I don’t give a stuff what any coffee snobs think

+ 1

Some people fetishise coffee making, but for most of us it is about making a cup of coffee that we enjoy. If the Tassimo does it for you then that’s all you need.

Bregante

Another nespresso convert (also have an aeropress at work).

Not the cheapest although I’ve recently tried lidls own version which are about a 1/3rd of the price of nespresso. The ones in the black box (Ristretto) and the blue box (can’t remember what they’re called) aren’t half bad.

Stoner
    Free Member

I ve noticed here in France that supermarkets are full of Senseo bags. Anyone have any experience of them?

mrblobby
    Free Member

(used to) pop into Costa on many occasions to relieve them of a black Americano Massimo to the tune of £2.40 a pop. I enjoy it immensely so I think that’s cheap.

Bit like claiming to be a burger lover because you regularly eat at McDonalds 🙂

bonzodog
    Free Member

I love Costa’s Americano 🙂

cheekyget
    Free Member

I’m on my 2nd tassimo machine….in 7 years…..best cup o coffee for me
    Love the costa stuff …but the kenco versions are just the same and cheaper…my little boy love the hot chocolate especially the Oreo version!!

When this machine finally packs up….I’ll get another!!

Notter
    Free Member

I’m also a fan of a Costa americano in store, they are the best taste of the high street shops imo. For home brewed it’s an Aeropress with fresh beans from HasBean. Espresso needs are dealt with by a Nespresso machine. Not sure where that rates me in the STW coffee snob stakes!! 😉

Tracey

Always use a bean to cup at home and ar work. Bought a Krups Nespresso for the camper. Small and compact. Was pleasantly surprised at how good a mug it makes. The capsules were very cheap in France so brought a few boxes back.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Always use a bean to cup at home and ar work. Bought a Krups Nespresso for the camper. Small and compact. Was pleasantly surprised at how good a mug it makes. The capsules were very cheap in France so brought a few boxes back.

I used to have coffee sent over from France because it was better than UK coffee for the same brand. It’d be interesting to see if this applies to the Krups too.

cinnamon_girl

Apparently the refills are cheaper from Amazon France compared to the Amazon UK prices.

epicsteve
    Free Member

The Costa Americano is probably the best of the Tassimo pods, however if you’re impressed by that you’ll be blown away if you upgrade to a bean-to-cup machine. I have a Tassimo in my Aberdeen place and it’s fine, but I miss the DeLonghi’s we’ve got in our other homes.

bearnecessities

Like EpicSteve, I’m happy with the coffee at my Yorkshire property, but I prefer the barista-made coffee at my various motorway residences.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    I ve noticed here in France that supermarkets are full of Senseo bags. Anyone have any experience of them?
    POSTED 8 HOURS AGO #

We buy ESE bags for our standard Gaggia, which are essentially the same thing just a serving of espresso in a bag ready for the brew head.

we get ours from http://www.thecoffeepod.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d1_ESE_44mm_coffee_pods_Page_1.html?gclid=COWhoM-8rscCFUzHtAodwrMJQA

TiRed

Jura bean to cup at home makes an excellent American. Nespresso at work to keep down mess and cost (and desk space). Both are good, but not the same as a proper espresso from a fresh roast in a bespoke coffee emporium – not that many of them about, mind.

Tassimo is perfectly good in the Costa variety, but I like the consistency and strength range of nespresso.

chestrockwell

Like EpicSteve, I’m happy with the coffee at my Yorkshire property, but I prefer the barista-made coffee at my various motorway residences.

Big LOL! 😆

bonzodog
    Free Member

Sorry to keep harping on about it, but my kitchen is alive with the aroma of Costa Americano.

Good morning single track world 🙂

40mpg

Tassimo + Kenco cafe crema gives me my fix
    It’s one of the longer drinks so fills a mug with strong tasty American with a nice crema froth.

Simple, cheap, effective. Got one behind my desk at work as well as at home!

I also really like Costa coffee.

andytherocketeer

Would have tassimo over nespresso any day
    nespresso is acceptable… convenient and consistently acceptable, and you can’t even buy it in a shop

nowhere near as good as the Illy ESE in the Italian office

Senseo is disgusting, and most definitely is not espresso. Low pressure filter coffee in a teabag.

andyl
    Free Member

do any of these things have fully recyclable pods yet? (bean to cup owner here and go through 6 espressos a day when working from home)

nemesis
    Free Member

Pretty sure nespresso do.

Bregante

Proper nespresso ones are recyclable but as far as I’m aware that’s only any use if you live near a nespresso store as you pop them in a bin in the shop.

GrahamS

I liked the consistency of the Tassimo machine. Having it read barcodes on the pods is a clever way to get the correct brew every time.

Didn’t think much of anything that involved milk pods though – tasted way too creamy to me.

Also the machine hates limescale. Mine packed up after shorting out and tripping a circuit breaker. Turns out this is a regular problem caused by a hose coming off inside which then drips water over the electronics (nice design guys!). I fixed it but by that time I’d got a Dolce Gusto which is more manual but makes semi-decent espresso (for a pod machine).

nemesis
    Free Member

They’ll send you a recycling pouch so you don’t have to go to the shop.

gears_suck
    Free Member

I’ve had my Tassimo machine for 3 years. I love the Costa cappuccinos but they are jammed with fat and calories. The Americano is bloody great though and probably a better option for my waist line. I just go back and forth with the guilt of producing so much waste every time I use it. It’s a tough one. One week I say never again and then the withdrawals kick in….

DrJ

Another fan of ESE here. I bought the pods originally for a handpresso camping thing and liked them so much I bought a kitchen machine. I buy them from coffeeroyale.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Coffee lover falls in love with Tassimo’ is closed to new replies.