Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Coffee Grinder Help Please
  • andy3877

As above really.

Looking for a reasonably priced (sub £60) burr grinder to grind beans for a cafetiere.

My old grinder’s just about given up the ghost.

Suggestions please?

Cheers

jkomo
    matthew_h
    Free Member

Dualit for definite at that price

lemonysam
    Free Member

I got a Fracino Model B for about that on Ebay a while back. It’s a properly solid bit of kit, easily the match of grinders five times that price.

unklehomered
    Free Member

you might get a Kitchen Aid for that on ebay if you collect, would require some patience for the right one to crop up.

I can’t speak to other brands myself, but I love my kitchen aid enough to have implemented a regular cleaning routine to maximise its lifespan… (unlike me, to qualify the significance)

boblo
    Free Member

you might get a Kitchen Aid for that on ebay if you collect, would require some patience for the right one to crop up

Is that a bit like marital aid…..?

somafunk

I’ve had a KitchenAid Burr Grinder for 6odd years, used daily and i estimate it’s ground it’s way through 100kg + of beans at 300-400g of beans per week, reliable, extremely well built and very – very easy to take apart to clean the inside but i think you’ll be hard pushed to find one on ebay for less than £100.

I doubt you’ll find a burr grinder for £60 or less, there was a manual wind one i noticed on one site but i can’t remember where? – check out the CoffeeGeek forum for advice

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

#Edit – just twigged the cafetiere bit. So dualit, starbucks (sold under different brands).

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’ve had a KitchenAid Burr Grinder for 6odd years, used daily and i estimate it’s ground it’s way through 100kg + of beans at 300-400g of beans per week, reliable, extremely well built and very – very easy to take apart to clean the inside but i think you’ll be hard pushed to find one on ebay for less than £100.

He will if he’s willing to wait, I’m looking for a friend (and hoping the OP’s not near Yorkshire), seen them go unbidded at £50 60 and 85 in the south and Scotland… which is insane!

somafunk

Really?, i’ll have to keep an eye on ebay then as we need one for the shop.

andy3877

Thanks for your help folks – a much more informed decision now 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Coffee Grinder Help Please’ is closed to new replies.