Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Coffee – A Beginners Guide
  • petrieboy

Whatever you get make sure it does 2 cups of coffee. This is important for two reasons:
    1) Deadlines, when one cup aint enough caffeine
    2) When you've asked someone back to your room for a cup of coffee

OP is a student living in halls – if he gets a drunken teenager back to his for "coffee" the last thing he needs is actual coffee!! 🙂

IA

I know, but (s)he might want a cup in the morning before lectures 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

If you buy a stove-top make sure you don't get one with the white rubbery seals, get one with the semi-transparent silicone seals. The first sort tend to get a dent after about 10 cups and never seal properly again, the silicone ones seem to last forever.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    motivforz
    Free Member

I'm loving some of the insinuations for getting a 2 cup maker. I'll be living with my gf in a studio flat on campus, so if I do bring any teenager back with me, she'll get met with a big slap! 👿

I'm leaning towards a stove top I think. Nice proper strong coffee is what I'm after, and it seems to fit the bill. Thanks STW!

househusband
    Free Member

coffeeking – could you post a link to the silicone seals, please?

Hairychested
    Free Member

hallierosie, you’re my hero!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

He’d be mine too if he was that bit quicker.

6 months to type that? He must work in Local Govt

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ve recently been told about cold coffee making, pour cold water over grind, stick in the fridge overnight, heat up next day and enjoy. Any truth in it?

DaRC_L

Anyone for a nice cup of tea 😆
    turn on kettle, place decent tea bag in cup, pour water over, steep for a minute and add milk / sugar as desired.
    Unless you’re Japanese when it may take a little longer and require a Geisha.

At what point does the desire for a decent cup of coffee become an obsession / poncy?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

hairy – It’s true, but why bother? Cold water will get the flavour form the beans, but it will take longer. Why not just just hot water?

TooTall
    Free Member

6 months to type that? He must work in Local Govt

Or it is spam for the website linked to in the post. 🙄

thejesmonddingo

[heretic]Asda are doing a stovetop for £5 works fine[/heretic]
    Ian

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Coffee – A Beginners Guide’ is closed to new replies.