Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • CoFeE . gaggia cubika any good ?
  • sofaking
    Free Member

or should i look at one of their other budget machines ?

loom forward to reading your views, well most of them anyway

doc_blues
    Free Member

someone will be along in the minute to extol the virtues of other more expensive machines, but I am reasonably enamoured with mine – bit clunky and noisy, buttons feel a bit cheap (and the lights in them are notorious for flickering and the switches breaking). But for £30 from ebay its a good starting point – the combination of it with an isomac grinder, and some decent beans (rather than preground stuff – which was ok, but fresh ground is worlds better) makes good coffee – its a case of what ou put into it I think – so good coffee and a grinder should be factored into the cost

Think the gaggia site has some reasonably priced refurbs

The blue mountain coffee someone on here was ‘pushing’ is pretty nice – took me about 2 days to get through my bag (which is why I say pushing – havent felt that weird since drinking pints of coffee as a teenager)

beamers

I’ve had a Cubika for about 4 years now. The on / off switch broke a couple of years ago, its now permanently on (so I have to switch the machine on and off at the wall) but apart from that its a great little machine. With the right beans, and a good grinder, you can achieve great results, both espresso and Cappuccino.

If and when it dies I will probably get another.

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve had one for 3 years now – mine goes through periods of lots of use and then periods of inactivity but I’ve had no problems with it yet.

It makes good coffee and the only real issue that I have with it is that it isn’t great if you want to make more than one or two cups at a time but if that’s not an issue for you (and it isn’t really for me as I almost always only make coffee for me) then I’d have no problem recommending it.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I got one a couple of months ago and it is a bit on the noisy side. It seems to gargle and hiss quite a lot when it’s on but not pumping and the reservoir is a pain to get in and out (you don’t need to remove it to fill it though). Other than that it makes a pretty decent cup of coffe and it will use pods as well although I don’t know what type.

I like the 1950s almost communist utilitarian look that it has.

molgrips
    Free Member

The money’s well spent on a better machine, if you have it. If you don’t, then it’s better than a cafetiere 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘CoFeE . gaggia cubika any good ?’ is closed to new replies.