Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Coed-Y-Brenin this weekend?
  • gfunkatron
    Free Member

hi all,

Just wondering if anyone on here is in the vicinity of CYB and can let me know what the conditions are like please.

Driving up tonight from Brighton so wondering if the snows hit yet or if it’s further North.

cheers.
    G

emac65
    Free Member

According to their FB page….

“No snow at the Coed y Brenin visitor centre, although there will be some at higher levels in the forest. Cold and windy out, so wrap up warm or pop in to the cafe to warm up with a hot chocolate!”

philbert31
    Free Member

I’m supposed to be going this weekend taking my dad for his first time there, weather forecast says some snow showers on sat but clear on sun, your best bet is to phone the bike shop I would think.

konagirl
    Free Member

Getting there will be the biggest issue. Coming from the south, according to the traffic websites, you should be ok. From the east, the A5 and A525 are closed due to snow (it stuck overnight in the Llangollen / Llandegla area) and the A55 is “treacherous” apparently! And its going to continue snowing in the north until tomorrow morning.

gfunkatron
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

@konagirl agreed that getting there could be the problem rather than CYB itself which may miss most of the it.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

We attempted Pont Scethin yesterday, but wind was the major issue, so retired to CyB instead. You’ll be out of the elements in the forest, with a small chance of some snow on trails or trees affected. I’ve just driven back from Dolgellau with no real issues, but the going was a bit slow.

Have fun.

richi
    Free Member

wouldnt fancy the black runs on the rocks if its going to be wet and slippy

majorspaniel

Having driven the A55 from st Asaph to broughton at 12:30 earlier to go to work, I wouldn’t say it’s treacherous, both lanes open in both directions. It was still snowing and has got heavier since them, I’ll update when I get home at about 10pm.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

It was as grippy as you like yesterday, plenty of snow around, but no ice. I was on top of Cadair Idris wednesday and not a hint of ice there either. Weird really, buckets of snow, but not that cold out of the wind.

SOAP
    Free Member

If anyone gets to CYB and would like to buy and send me a map pack. I will reward you greatly with a quality beer token worth £5

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Coed-Y-Brenin this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.