Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Coed y brenin or betsy coed
  • lyons
    Free Member

which one is better? as in, which has the harder descents? Cheers

ton

cyb, by a country mile…. 8)

forge197
    Free Member

another vote for CYB, don’t recall to many hard descents though IMHO at either location.

ton

adams family downhills are faaaaaaassssstttttt. 8)

Telemaster18
    Free Member

nah marin and penmachno beat coed y brenin for me. Y tarw is a joke of a trail. MBR and Beast are good though

Russell96

Agree Marin and Penmachno Loops 1&2 in a day will wear you out, however CyB has the harder descents.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Nothing very difficult though ey? Plus u miss not having a visitor centre with P and M. Couldn’t manage all of penmachno and marin in a day. Loop 1 penmachno and marin are the perfect days riding. Both have final descents that are AWESOME!!

forge197
    Free Member

ton – granted the Adams Family downhills are fast but not hard 🙂

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I’m not sure the Tarw is a joke. if it is, i didn’t get it…

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Yeh you’ll have to go again. See if you can see the joke.

Pricey8
    Free Member

If your looking for tricky decents why not Betws y Coed with marin and penmachno followed by the snowdon ranger path, Llanberis track or Rhy Du path and maybe telegraph valley chucked in as well. That would be an awesome weekend.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Not been to Coed y Brenin(twice planned to, but something happened), but I really enjoy Marin – and Penmachno more; as said Penmachno descent is great. It seems like you’re going down for 20 mins – gives your arms and shoulders a workout. Enjoy staying at Glan Aber too – 2 gorgeous girls work there 😉

Telemaster18
    Free Member

glan aber you say….. Yeh Penmachno is a very good trail. I enjoy the Marin more for some reason. Lot of fire road climbs but the style of the singletrack makes me smile more!

burcol
    Free Member

I’m heading off there early tomorrow to do Marin trail Friday,Coed y brenin Saturday and Penmachno Sunday.Never done Penmachno before but I enjoyed cyb and Marin trail last year,think I prefered the Marin trail though.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

That all sounds good to me what is telegraph valley like? Will we find it on the map?

radoggair
    Free Member

another vote for marin, final descent(s) are great. Penmancho was quite windy when i done it but nothing memorable. Could do with doing them again soon though

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Yeh Marin and Penmachno are great trails. Being Welsh I’m proud of them! Wish we had something similar to the mecca of mountain biking that is Scotland. Some way of that yet!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Prefer Penmachno to CyB for out-there character. But the rocky trails at CYB are very interesting. There was a bit on Pudsy/Fester or something that had me off, a steep left right, after crossing a fireroad. I got around the rocky left OK but lost it on the rooty right. The other bit that got me was the “7 sisters” rocky rollers near the end – great fun slomo crash. Tawr trail is a let down after The Beast, but it’s got some OK bits.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Yeh theres a couple of very good bits on the tarw. Can’t remember what they’re called, but theres one in particular. Apart from that not great.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Coed y brenin or betsy coed’ is closed to new replies.