Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Coed Y Brenin Off Road Duathlon
  • rammyrunner
    Free Member

It's back! 😆

Sunday 24th October at 10AM – Coed Y Brenin Off Road Duathlon –5k Trail Run/20K MTB/5k Trail Run. A very scenic race majority off road utilising one of the best forests in Wales just North of Dolgellau, Gwynned, Wales, with the MTB 2 10k loops. The majority of uphill is fire road, with the descents down singletrack, which includes the run! Relay teams accepted of 2/3 competitors. Price £21 solo, £32 Relay team. Usual prize categories. Toilets, parking, showers, pre/post race massage.

Full details on on [list]www.vlaevents.co.uk[/list]

rammyrunner
    Free Member

So, is anyone signing up for this? Want to bulid a good starting list as it is 5 years old this year!

kerv
    Free Member

Sounds like a great excuse for a weekend away in sunny Wales, and from the lack of response on here I could be on for a win!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Did it last year, it's good fun event.
    Sadly can't make it this year though as I'm working 🙁 Gutted as wanted to get a better result than last year having injured myself on the first run!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I might be doing this, but depends what else I've got lined up race-wise, I think it's a busy time of the year for me.

whytetrash

Yep I fancy this and am sure a few of my mates will be up for it…posting it up on my clubsite now 😉

Dont worry Kerv I'm sure we wont affect your podium placing! though a couple of them have done Ironmen(mans?) before

rammyrunner
    Free Member

There are a few fell runners which are up for it, and the triathletes!

MrSparkle

When's the closing date, Vince?

One of our lads in doing the Helwith bridge Duathlon and really looking forward to it.

kerv
    Free Member

Looks like your'e up to double figures already then, fell runners, triathletes, top 100 finish maybe! 😀

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I'd be up for it but it's a bit far boo ..

Tiger6791

Tried to enter this but my eyes are now bleeding.

Whoever made their website should have there hands chopped off and the stumps dipped in salt, lemon juice and vinegar.

That's just bloody awful!

keavo
    Free Member

can you promote another one, near middlesbrough please:-) i did your helwith bridge event last year (1st team) but coedy is too far away.

rammyrunner
    Free Member

Closing date for CYB is 20th October.

Tried to enter this but my eyes are now bleeding.

Whoever made their website should have there hands chopped off and the stumps dipped in salt, lemon juice and vinegar.

That's just bloody awful!

Which site is that?

Tiger6791

This one

Home

iolo
    Free Member

I've done every one as its in aid of a good cause.
    I'ts bloody hard work.Even the triathletes say its bad.
    The 2nd run is bloody terrible!
    I always come towards the back of the field but enjoy it.
    If a fatty like me can do it I'm sure you fit freaks will enjoy it.
    Do it for the Air Ambulance as you never know when you might need it.

PaulBecks
    Free Member

When's the on-line entry up and running Vince?

Tiger6791

I'll happily make you a new website. No charge, I'll do it for the good of humanity 😯 🙂

Haze

Hmm, thought about trying a duathlon for a while now, I'm tempted…

rammyrunner
    Free Member

When's the on-line entry up and running Vince?

It is, links on the race page for solo and relay team via (ukresults.net)

As for the website, am a nurse full time, not a web geek so only put what is needed on there and not after website of the year 😉

lady_luck
    Free Member

sorry to be a doofus, but how does the relay work? can I get someone to run, then tag me in the transition, I go do the fun bit, and then hand back over for the final run? That sounds winner to me 🙂

rammyrunner
    Free Member

but how does the relay work? can I get someone to run, then tag me in the transition, I go do the fun bit, and then hand back over for the final run?

Yep, it can be 1 or 2 runners (1 for each 5k, or 1 that has to stay warm inbetween) then tag in transition for the bike, and vice versa.

rammyrunner
    Free Member

12 entries now….

rammyrunner
    Free Member

thought I would surface this back up with 50 entries. Info now been emailed/posted out (delay on the posting as printer out of ink!)
    Helwith last Sunday was a tad wet!

MrSparkle

Vince, did you get the email I sent today?

rammyrunner
    Free Member

nope, was it important 😉
    Must have disappeared somewhere out there. Blame the rain!

MrSparkle

I was just asking if there’s a bunkhouse or something nearby as I am still interested in doing it but don’t fancy driving down on the day. Still, I might be going to Wigan away on the Saturday which will cock things up.

rammyrunner
    Free Member

There are loads of bunk houses in the area looking for trade at this time of year, a few advertised on the race page.

rammyrunner
    Free Member

Ok, 60 solo and 7 relay teams now. This is the last year of the course in its present format due to the start/finish being relocated to the Visitor Centre next year. Seems fitting after its 5th year to change it around! 😆

stumpy01

I’d love to do it, but get really bad ITB syndrome after about 22 mins of running. 5 physio’s haven’t been able to sort it.

Perhaps this should be my goal – to enter this next year & somehow get my IT band sorted out. I wonder if you can have it surgically removed without it affecting your ability to walk?!

rammyrunner
    Free Member

Well done to all last weekend! At least it was dry 😆

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Coed Y Brenin Off Road Duathlon’ is closed to new replies.