Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Coed-y-Brenin local amenities
  • geuben
    Free Member

Off to Coed-y-Brenin next weekend for 4 days, staying in one of the cottage things near there (friend booked it).

After some details of whats in the area in terms of shops for food etc.

I see there is a Co-Op in Dolgellau, does anyone know what it is like? big or little? Are we going to be able to get something decent for a bbq or will we be limited to those rather naff pre-prepared meat packs?

Also any recommendations for a good curry house and anywhere else good to eat and drink?

Thanks

raify
    Free Member

I was there last wkend. Ate out one and stocked up at the Co-Op for a BBQ.

It’s easily big enough for that. Plenty of fresh meat, spices and sauces, not just prepared packs. Fresh produce is OK and drinks selection not bad.

We ate out at the gate house, a steak place facing the car park (shows as Italian on streetview). Lovely steaks and good service, only one veggie option though.

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Co-ops a decent size – if you want something bigger then Tesco at Porthmadog isn’t so far away from the cabins. The Rhiw Goch in Bronaber is good for food/beer http://www.rhiwgochinn.com/

ferrals
    Free Member

I ate in y sospan whne I was up there before, they had a midweek to course deal for £15 and it was a tasty decent portion.

geuben
    Free Member

Cheers guys,

We do actually have a veggie in the group so will have to remember that, everyone else would be interested in a good steak.

raify
    Free Member

It was mushroom tagliatelle. Very good according to the wife, but was the only option.

Steak wine beer and puddings was £30 a head including tip.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

They have a very good Spar ar Dolgellau also, award winning if I remember.

wrecker
    Free Member

The eurospar in dolgellau (as mentioned) is pretty good. Better parking than the co-op too.

There are a few pubs, one (can’t remember the name) gets lively, the rest are very sleepy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Coed-y-Brenin local amenities’ is closed to new replies.