Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Coed y Brenin for a day
  • graemethejock

Hello I’m hoping to get to coed y Brenin for a day on Monday haven’t ridden there for a couple of years. Any recommendations for which would be the best 2 trails to ride In a day ( one in morning one in afternoon).think we did the beast last time seem to remember a lot of fire roads which I’d be very keen to avoid this time round..cheers in advance graeme

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

The Beast is aces, just avoid the section of endles fireroad climbing (and fireroad downing) in the middle, by heading straight all the way up the road climb after the cafe. You’ll come out at Herman munster (or whatever it’s called), then you can rip down that series of awesome descents and pop out at the bottom, with only a gentle dawdle along the blue trail back to the centre (thereby missing out the last long fireroad climb before the centre). After that, Tarw trail heads out in the woods on the other side of the valley (and the main road), to explore some nice stuff that can be a bit greasy and rocky at times. Nicely technical in places if that’s your thing..

Personally, I love giving the Blue trail a real good hammer after riding everything and throw some nice whips over the rolling doubles. Peachy.. 🙂

martinhutch

Just got back from a day out to CYB today…. 😀

Beast, as above, can be shortened by cutting off the top fireroad loop. This time I went a little way up the fireroad as signposted from the road just past the cafe, then picked up another fireroad heading back the other way – this emerges at the bottom of the fireroad which leads up to the start of the Addams Family descents. The alternative road climb is piggishly steep.

You could miss out the final fireroad slog up to Beginning of the End by taking the blue back to the centre, having lunch, then instead of starting on Tawr Du, head up to the upper-park and pick up ‘Glide’ from Beast – the short bit that goes under the bridge, then follow Seven Sisters down to where it crosses Tawr Du, and so on from there.

I actually did the first two sections of Minotaur as a fun preference to ‘Badger’ and ‘Pinderosa’, the first of which seems to be just bumpy for bumpy’s sake.

And I fell in the stream crossing on Pink Heifer. Don’t do that. 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Coed y Brenin for a day’ is closed to new replies.