Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Coed-Y-Brenin for a 6 year old?
  • honourablegeorge

Will be in Wales with the family over the summer…. are there kid friendly trails in Coed-Y-Brenin? Never been with family before, so never looked, but a 10K-ish gentle loop would be ideal

Painey
    Free Member

Have you searched it on google? Was there last weekend and there is a kid friendly trail called MinoTaur or something. Don’t know how long it is mind you.

Stunning place CYB.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I was there in November for the first time. Loved it.

There were lots of families there with their kids on bikes. I didn’t see the trails they were using but I did notice that there was a good representation of under 10’s riding about.

Simon

The Minortaur trail is fun for kids of all ages. The first half is fun swoopy trail and then a forest road climb back to the cafe. My girls were 8 and 10 when we went and really didn’t like the climb back to the beginning.

Skills area is good too, me and the youngest spent over an hour going round and round it 🙂

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/ourwoods.nsf/LUWebDocsByKey/WalesGwyneddNoForestCoedyBreninCoedyBreninVisitorCentreMinorTaur

spacey

My 6yo loved the Minortaur and skills park, even took him down there for a night ride. Took took two 4 year olds round the first part of the Minortaur too, they’ll love it!

scu98rkr
    Free Member

there is a really good blue trail which is close to a green. Should love it.

sturmeyarcher

My almost-5-year-old loved the Minotaur, so much so we did it 3 times. She was on a Isla Cnoc 16. As mentioned above, the final climb back up to the cafe is tough but not too bad if you keep a few emergency Haribos in reserve.

superfli
    Free Member

CyB is absolutely brillant for kids! Thats why I’m so keen to take the family to Dyfi again as CyB is just up the road. My lad loved it last year (5yo, now 6) and is coming again this year.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

My brother rode the old Red Bull Run (black run) with Paul Hinton and my old man when he was 7….and rode as well….not walked.

He will enjoy it, there are plenty of different trails of varying levels so you can tailor the riding to what think he’s capable of.

ben33cox

Have two young boys (now 9 and 7), for the past 18months or so they have both completed “blue” trails at a couple of centres – yellow and green will be no probs at all, blue I would suggest is fine if they have confidence in braking etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Coed-Y-Brenin for a 6 year old?’ is closed to new replies.