Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Coed y Brenin
  • shortyj15

Thinking of heading up there in a month and plan to ride all the trails in one go.

What’s the rules on the car park? Can I park the van up and stay in over night? What if I emailed them for permission is this possible?

Thanks

fbk
    Free Member

You can’t in the main car park and they’re pretty strict on that. I’ve seen folk parked up in campers in the smaller car parks down by the river and they’re free to park in too. No facilities though

martinhutch

There’s a little disused tarmac road running parallel to the main road. I’ve stopped there overnight. Alternatively there are some other car parks further up the trails – Hermon area where I’ve also parked up overnight with no hassles.

shortyj15

fbk – How far is the river from the main trail entrance?

fbk
    Free Member

It’s a couple of miles drive towards Dolgellau. It’s actually on the trails – near where the dragons back and minotaur trails intersect.

shortyj15

Righto. I’ll have to organise it so I can go back to the van for some supplies.

ruggerbugger
    Free Member

Cae gwyn farm campsite is a 10-15minute ride from the trail centre. Showers are cracking & there’s a campers kitchen too. Went there last year, great place, great people & very reasonable. They have a website & facebook page.

You can leave the van there & ride to the trails as a warm-up/cool down.

jamj1974

I like Cae Gwyn farm too. Very hospitable.

dewiwms
    Free Member

I rode through coed y brenin at around 2am on my coast to cast ride from Caernarfon to cardiff and there was about 10 camper vans parked up there. They were in the top overflow car park so should be ok.

Blurboy
    Free Member

Another vote for Cae Gwyn. Dave and Sue are great hosts and the farm is very bike friendly.

wrecker
    Free Member

Cae gwin is £8/night. For a fiver the dude will give you a lift to the pub in the evening. It has good showers. No reason not to really!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Coed y Brenin’ is closed to new replies.