Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Coed LLandegla black
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Taking a couple of mates the weekend and there is a bit of a debate between the of them.

Do they really need body amour.?

From what I have heard it's more like a BMX track than a black run.

GolfChick
    Free Member

no they do not need extreme body armour, just the usual riding protection

simondbarnes

No need for body armour at all.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cheers gents I'll let the Jessie's know. 😉

blaggers
    Free Member

Definitely not needed, they've even removed the only slightly technical bit (the drop into the hairpin), so a beginner could roll everything.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Neilson, GolfChick is a chick 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

will be fine unless they fall off at speed generally,body armour is a personal preferance and from what I recall chicks havn't liked scars for a while (unless sustained in a really good fight defending a cute puppy)I wear knee/shin always and sometimes elbows, I would probably wear it al llandegla as I find the speed picks up very fast, never crashed there but came close to a couple of trees

JohnClimber
    Free Member

So if they fall off they sue you all above this post.

To make sure you don't sue me wear everything you have and wrap yourself in bubble wrap as well, just in case 😉

PS I've never wore it around there myself

dave360

If they are happier armoured up what's the problem. It's not wildly tech, but still has a few pointy rocks and lots of trees.

coffeeking
    Free Member

There was a drop into a hairpin? Where was that? Been riding the black (Which I would say was barely a red) for yonks and dont remember anything drop-like on it!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It all rolls, is quite smooth and can be done at moderate speed. Good fun and not at all terrifying.

Simple
    Free Member

I crashed at Llandegla. No injuries to me bu my tyre was ripped apart..

I always wear knee/shin as pedal tats on a bird look sh!te

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

like everybody says, go naked and scare the locals!

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Each to their own,but I see elbow/kneeguards for downhillers only. Llandegla is great fun,and not too challenging.Ofcourse you could get injured,but that could happen anywhere. A customer has recently broke her elbow,whilst riding to the shops…..
    If you're wearing armour at Llandegla what do you wear in the Peaks,or Lakes? Arai and Dainese?

chvck
    Free Member

I never ride armour unless actualling going to a downhill course…don't know why; some of the stuff we do on our XC rides the terrain is pure rock and we're going faster too!

Pembo
    Free Member

There was a drop into a hairpin? Where was that? Been riding the black (Which I would say was barely a red) for yonks and dont remember anything drop-like on it!

Here – Drop Off

I think it came down in 2008, quite a funny vid,

backhander
    Free Member

Always knee/shin for me.
    It's a personal choice and I aint that good.

mwleeds

I have a rule whereby if I'm riding my big bouncy bike I'll always wear armour regardless of where I'm riding. I find it removes the should I put it on or leave it in the car question. Of course most of the time I'm not on my big bike so it's not that effective.

I ride at Llandegla a fair bit and have never worn armour there; which to be honest is quite stupid. Yes it's easy, and yes it's man made so there's rarely any supprises, but for this reason (and this applies to most trail centres)it has to be ridden quickly to be entertaining. Oh and it also makes it easier to be complacent. In the case of Llandegla, if you leave the nice smooth trail some of it is really quite steep and rocky with lots of trees (obviously), I found this out the other week when I broke a frame.

genesis
    Free Member

Next thing will be Zorb balls with bikes inside foe the ultimate trail protection.I occasionally wear shin armour, just always ride with a lid. The majoirty of injuries are busted collarbones/shoulders and facial/head injuries.

Simple
    Free Member

If you're wearing armour at Llandegla what do you wear in the Peaks,or Lakes? Arai and Dainese

Texport and Arai actualy and I go for the fish and chips on the R1 rather than the trails…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"he majoirty of injuries"

Got any evidence to backup up that statement?

Personally I tend to get my knees more often than not.

Simple
    Free Member

my legs are a mess, I used to only wear a lid/gloves. Fed up of trying to shave scabs = leg/knee armour. plus if you dont crash you're not trying hard enough 🙂

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Simple,have you got one of those new -fangled R1s? There's a chap round our way that's recently had one…Akrapovic silencers….sound fantastic.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Coed LLandegla black’ is closed to new replies.