Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Codeine 650b – anyone have one or ridden one?
  • wilko1999
    Free Member

As thread title. Considering one of these or an Aeris. Plenty of information and reviews on the Aeris, but can’t find any real-world opinions on the new 650b Codeine.

Any information much appreciated 🙂

pickle
    Free Member

I found this review but if you googled it you’ve probably already read it.

On-One Codeine redesigned as 27.5 enduro machine

wilko1999
    Free Member

Thanks I did see that. They haven’t ridden one though, just a bit of information on the new 650b geometry and components.

Mintyjim

You should be buy my Aeris, it’s sooooooo much better than a Codeine. I imagine. Obviously I haven’t ridden one 😀

wilko1999
    Free Member

Jim I’ve seen that in the classifieds already. Aeris, RT3, bigfoot blue with Pikes would be exactly the spec I am after. In a large 🙁

Blackflag
    Free Member

Well if its anywhere near the 29r version of the Codeine then it will be bloomin marvelous. Best bike ive had in 20 years of riding (and i swap bikes a fair bit). It embarrassed my yeti 575.

Mintyjim

Gutted for both of us Wilko!

sq225917
    Free Member

I never gelled with the 29er but the 650 feels really sweet. Obviously, I work for them so take that with a pinch of salt. The back end has more traction than pretty much any bike I’ve ever ridden.

The forks and shock will likely require some fine tuning to suit your riding style but I found both more adjustable than the previous Pike Monarch combo.

I’d have no trouble making it a one bike quiver if I had to.

accidentalfanboy
    Free Member

fancy one of these are there any available to demo?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Thanks sq. In actual fact the Marz shock puts me off a little because of its adjustability (I’d be buying frame only) Sounds daft I know, and I’m sure I’d get it set up properly eventually, but I do like simplicity!

ryderredman
    Free Member

Wilko I’d more than happily buy that zocc shock off you! I *need* it to match my 350CR.

andybrad

i went to the barsnley on one shop at the weekend to take a look at these in the flesh and compare to the 29er.

hey couldnt let me sit on a 29er as it was on the wall. They didnt have any 650 in stock and didnt know when they would get some. Something about forks apparently.

they said that someone had suggested a demo day on the pennine trail but they didnt know if this would ever happen.

i ended up leaving very underwhelmed.

however i did take a look at the clearance on the 29er and it seems ok. the el guapo will be rubbish in mud.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Codeine 650b – anyone have one or ridden one?’ is closed to new replies.