• This topic has 61 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • COD WWII – Who's in?
  • tomhoward

Had a couple of goes at campaign now, it’s ok, the hand to hand combat controls are quite good/better than just button bashing.

Looks well enough too, but haven’t played battlefield for ages so nothing to compare really.

Will give multiplayer a bash at some point, but it’s never been my strong point.

A solid 8/10 from me, not going to blow your mind, but a decent effort

Stedlocks
    Free Member

At least there are no rocket packs or double jump rubbish. Small maps when compared to battlefield, and not enough ‘realism’ ….but better than the last few.

Servers crashing constantly, but we all knew that, right?

lazybike
    Free Member

I’m having a break from campaign it’s just annoying me! I did have an hour of war mode with/against the bots… was good.

mahalo

Preordered mine too, but pretty much lost a day downloading the updates!! Only played MP so far, few matches of Domination… I’m **** rubbish!! Averaging about 4 kills and 15 deaths per round! Can’t remember it being this hard!? I’ve not played for a few years tho…

Also finding the whole barracks, options area a bit baffling?

Sounds negative, but I am enjoying it. Reluctant to start a campaign on a Sunday or I’ll be there all day..!

Drac

Also finding the whole barracks, options area a bit baffling?

It’s just a social area where you can spec put your soldier, collect challenges and play with your guns. Basically instead of having loads of menus they’ve created a virtual area to play.

I’m not great either far from as good as I once was and my death ratio is always shocking.

cb

One good bit about the barracks is that you can practice using scorestreaks. This is great from my perspective as the chance of ever getting the higher ranking (therefore most fun) ones is non-existent!

rob8624
    Free Member

Just play Insurgency (PC only). Cheap on Steam, amazing game.

Insurgency Sandstorm will be out on PC/Consoles next year, I’m waiting for that.

nathb
    Free Member

Got this game for free with a motherboard & cpu purchase.

I’m glad I didn’t spend a single penny on it as it’s awful.

Played like 4/5 single player missions, it’s truly on rails to the point it’s laughable. An example is a door way being blocked by a guard, but when you do the checkpoint the guard just disappears. Also sneaking around you can shoot them in the torso with a pistol and they die, as soon as you’re discovered they take 5/6 bullets from the same said pistol…

Multiplayer is 6v6, REALLY its 2017 people have broadband. Just feels like a re-skinned version of their old game.

The exception being HQ, which is just 48 players running round an open area opening emails, getting crates of “goodies” and waiting to join games.

12 years ago I was playing this:
    [video]https://youtu.be/-8hcmIQFq9U[/video]

They seem to have gone backwards since..

Drac

Multiplayer is 6v6, REALLY its 2017 people have broadband. Just feels like a re-skinned version of their old game.

COD gameplay is small frantic maps. Yes it is a remake it’s COD.

lazybike
    Free Member

Fair point…I think my expectations were a little high, I was expecting the shooting dynamics of Destiny with the battles from Battlefield 1, I guess there’s always next year.

Drac

You’ll never get that with COD it isn’t that sort of FPS.

lazybike
    Free Member

I’m pinning my hopes on some sort of Destiny 2 clan v clan super crucible deathmatch on one of the planets 🙂

nathb
    Free Member

But they sold it is going back to their routes! One was fooled into believing that was COD2 style of game; big open map/tanks/jeeps..

One redeeming feature I’ve just discovered is war mode… still though 24v24+ invading omaha beach would have been a proper game..

Drac

But they sold it is going back to their routes! One was fooled into believing that was COD2 style of game; big open map/tanks/jeeps..

I wasn’t it was made clear that it was going back to Call of Duty World at War style.

One redeeming feature I’ve just discovered is war mode… still though 24v24+ invading omaha beach would have been a proper game..

Oh yes now that I agree with.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

If you have a PC and want a close quarters WW2 or Vietnam shooter then Rising Storm 2 and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam are where it is at.

I have no idea why people waste their time with COD.

cb

I was missing the frenectic carnage of some of the maps of previous CODs where players tended to congregate…WAR format answers those questions!

Drac

Conquest will give you that too.

cb

Conquest? Can’t find that or is it another game entirely?

Drac

Ooops! Domination.

philmccrackin
    Free Member

what are we all thinking a month or so in?

my red eyes and the bags below em are testament to how much im enjoying the MP now they seem to have finally ironed out the server problems..?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I got it free when I bought my PS4. I wouldn’t have gone for this if I was buying it, however I have enjoyed it immensely. I’ve played most of the COD games from Modern Warfare and it’s been a slippy slope, but this I have liked.

Drac

Pretty good the best one in a longtime. A big update is out or due adding more features, I think gun game is supposed to be back on the patch.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘COD WWII – Who's in?’ is closed to new replies.