• This topic has 61 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • COD WWII – Who's in?
  • cb

I didn’t get on much with all the jetpack nonsense of recent games so hope that this will be for me!

Still deciding on the Standard Edition or get the Pro up front and essentially pay in advance for all the DLC stuff?

Drac

As from midnight me.

You can buy the upgrade to Deluxe separately if it’s any good I’ll do that as I’ve £40 Amazon vouchers to use.

cb

Do you have to buy both digitally for that to be allowed?

Drac

Not sure, I buy digital as my daughter shares my purchases.

bentandbroken

I tried to pre-order the Pro version a couple of weeks ago and everywhere was ‘sold out’. The Manager of Game told me that you have to be knocking on their door or pressing refresh on the “Pre-Order release date” in order to secure something like that for popular games

rene59
    Free Member

COD WWII – Who’s in?

Erm… wouldn’t this be the 4th Cod war? Iceland won the first 3, can’t see there being much appetite for another when you consider the dwindling fish stocks.

hodgynd
    Free Member

My lad is in ..paying for it himself too..in advance
    Haven’t played on Ps3 ( downstairs in living room ) for two years ..and never on Ps4 ( in sons bedroom)..just no interest anymore ..

cb

pro seems to be available still on PS store. Anyone know if digital (always bought hard copy stuff) games are stored remotely in case my ps4 goes bang at some time? I.e. I know they will be on my hard drive but could i recover them (minus any progress made) from a cloud somewhere?

Del

Looks great but I’ll wait until Xmas when it’ll probably be 50% off or so.

rossco832

I will be in. Absolutely terrible at the games but I do love them

Drac

Yes CB you can restore purchases by going to library and selecting ‘Purchased’ option.

cb

what happens if yo usell your PS4 – can you include digital copies or would you have to provide the new owner with all of your PSN login details?

Drac

It’s linked to your account.

lazybike
    Free Member

I’ll be playing tommorrow, can’t be bothered to go to game now, although they are open till 1am..

jam-bo

I tried to pre-order the Pro version a couple of weeks ago and everywhere was ‘sold out’

I’m no gamer, but how do you sell out of what is essentially downloadable media and can be replicated at will?

Drac

The Pro versions are limited numbers not like the standard ones.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Haven’t played a cod game since the series went down hill after Cod 4,with Activision and treyarch racing each year to get the next iteration out.

How have the recent COD games played, they always seem very shallow.

FuzzyWuzzy

After hearing reports of widespread hacking in the beta I’m going to wait and see personally. Whilst the solo campaign would be a bit of fun it’s mostly the online side that I’d want it for.

Drac

Played the first part of the solo mission last night, seems to be very much back to what made the series good. I’ll be trying some MP later.

Smudger666

I’ll be on over the weekend – Xbox one ‘Smudger GB ‘ if you need cannon fodder for a teammate.

ashweee
    Free Member

Got mine yesterday thanks to simply games, I’ve not played a cod since advanced warfare and I bought this mostly for the single player.

Played some mp yesterday and a bit this morning and holy moly it looks terrible, especially compared to battlefield 1 which is what I normally play.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Less concerned with how it looks, more concern with how it plays.

I’m a long term Counter Strike play, and also playing PUBG i’m used to terrible graphics haha, however I enjoy the tactical aspect of both games. The buying economy, Eco rounds and anti Eco rounds etc, plus all the different recoil patterns for the guns as well as bullet drop and wind.

COD of old was like shooting a laser beam across the map, too simplistic.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Played some mp yesterday and a bit this morning and holy moly it looks terrible, especially compared to battlefield 1 which is what I normally play.

If you’re noticing how it looks in multiplayer you’re probably doing something a bit wrong.

ashweee
    Free Member

If you’re noticing how it looks in multiplayer you’re probably doing something a bit wrong.

???

Not played cod for a few years but it looks like a bad PS3 game. And it doesn’t feel good but perhaps I’m just not used to it yet after playing so much BF.

tomhoward

Started downloading last night, fell asleep before it finished. Will give it a bash this eve

cb

Some early reviews of MP would be appreciated! I feel asleep as well…tho was planning to head to (supermarket of choice) at midnight. Might suggest I’m too old to be playing this stuff!

fifeandy
    Free Member

Not played cod for a few years but it looks like a bad PS3 game

Not sure what settings are available on consoles, but what’s your point exactly? For MP you usually turn off most gfx settings anyway.
    Foliage – gone
    Grass – gone
    Particle effects – gone
    Motion blur – gone
    Dynamic camera – gone
    Minimap – huge

Most of the things that make a game look pretty also make you worse at the game, and if you are taking the time to notice pretty things you probably aren’t noticing something else that’s actually important.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Not played cod for a few years but it looks like a bad PS3 game
    Not sure what settings are available on consoles, but what’s your point exactly? For MP you usually turn off most gfx settings anyway.
    Foliage – gone
    Grass – gone
    Particle effects – gone
    Motion blur – gone
    Dynamic camera – gone
    Minimap – huge
    Most of the things that make a game look pretty also make you worse at the game, and if you are taking the time to notice pretty things you probably aren’t noticing something else that’s actually important.

One of the benefits of console gaming is these settings are usually locked, so its a level playing field for all. With PC, if your playing with high settings hiding in a bush etc, but anyone with Low settings can see you.

ashweee
    Free Member

The character animations are stiff and look odd and the maps just don’t look good.

Not really sure what your point is?

BF1 looks and plays way better than cod ww2 is what I’m saying.

Drac

Servers didn’t go live to midnight?

Had a brief play of MP this am, it’s good old fashioned COD looks very good too, while I’m on death cam from dying yet again. 😆

BF are a different game structure, BF is about big open maps with the option using vehicles. COD is about small close quarter fighting.

ashweee
    Free Member

I managed to play a few games yesterday morning and in the evening.

You’re right though, battlefield and cod are totally different. I just forgot how cod mp feels and really prefer BF.

Just played zombies mode which is interesting. Looking forward to playing the single player later though.

Drac

Had a bit more of blast this afternoon. War mode is pretty good as it makes people play as a team, no kill death ratio rubbish to worry about for me. Maps split with objectives, tough if you don’t play as a team.

lazybike
    Free Member

I’ve just done the first mission in campaign, I found it a bit meh, the kids are playing zombies now, multiplayer had better be something special!

cb

Uhmmm, can’t say I’m over whelmed so far! MP seems to be an issue for me in that I can’t get into the lobby after each game – it just stays with the scoreboard screen before starting again – anyone else have this? Or am I pressing the wrong buttons (seemingly all of them!)?

razorrazoo

^^^^^
    Same issue for me on PS4. Was ok at the start of the evening yesterday. At the end of the evening it would stick on the post game screen until it dropped me into a new game. I had to quit mid game to get out. Won’t even load multiplayer this morning.

The actual multiplayer games I’ve enjoyed, wasn’t a massive fan of the jump and rush gameplay of Infinite Warfare. I play hardcore though and wished I’d equipped the silent footsteps class. Don’t think I can run this and a silencer which is a pain.

trap6
    Free Member

Oh dear,wish I’d waited before buying on impulse whilst shopping for bread n milk,I’m attempting too upload now and its saying 11hours left with 8.5 GB too go

mickmcd
    Free Member

you might as well download it 10 gb patch to make it run eve . if you have a disk

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Arrived yesterday and got my 2 free days on PlayStation Network. So far really disappointed in MP-small maps and finding the load outs a pain to navigate. Modern Warfare was probably the best mp in terms of map size & quality. Although I’ll withhold too much criticism as it only allowed me to play about 3 maps due to server issues-had the same problem as the guys above.

razorrazoo

Some of the maps really feel like re-skinned and tweaked maps from previous CODs. Can remember the names and has been so many. Not necessarily a bad thing. There’s definitely more flanking / camping spots than IW which at least encourages different play styles other than rushing. Not got to grips with decent load outs yet either.

Drac

Yeah servers have been poor since last night, played a good bit this afternoon. I’m enjoying nice old school COD.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘COD WWII – Who's in?’ is closed to new replies.