Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cod liver oil.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Anyone take it daily? Does it actually do anything?

FuzzyWuzzy

I used to take capsules – only thing it seemed to do was make my burps smell fishy…

HermanShake
    Free Member

I take these, they’re vegetable derived (hemp, flax and other seeds). I notice my crunchy joints to be a little less so when I remember to take these regularly.

Doesn’t contribute to unnecessary cod fishing too 😉

Cod news here :OH MY COD!

Forgot to add, they’re stocked at Holland & Barrett, Waitrose and some other places.

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Omega3 fish oils are what you would look to get, the omega3 is to counteract inflammation.

RustySpanner

Yep, CLO & Glucosamine.

Knackered knees and hips here.
    Since I started taking them, I find it a lot easier to get up in the morning.

I tried taking just one of them over a few months to see which had the most effect and it would appear that the CLO is more effective in reducing morning aches and pains.
    Completely non scientific test, could be due to any number of things, but that’s how it seemed to me.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

What rusty spanner said. It takes a while to see the benefit. Equally it takes a while for the benefit to fade away if you stop taking them.

freddyg
    Free Member

When I was a kid in the 70’s, my Mum used to force feed us Malt and Cod Liver Oil. I do not believe there is a more vile substance know to man or beast.

akak
    Free Member

I take this stuff Myprotein omega 3. One a day works out at 4p and it doesn’t have a nasty aftertaste so no harm done if it isn’t doing any benefit…

Solo
    Free Member

Omega 3 supps.
    I sometimes take them, but its just Omega 3.

I wouldn’t take Omega 6 supps as there is enough / too much of that about anyway.

I’ve read that ideally you’d have an equal balance of Omega 3 to Omega 6. However, in our times, thats possibly unlikely, but I try, passively, to achieve as low an Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio as possible.

So I wouldn’t be topping up my Omega 6 as this occurs in stuff I eat anyway.

I rely mostly on fish for my Omega 3, Mackerel and Salmon (not farmed)
    🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cod liver oil.’ is closed to new replies.