Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • cocky track stand fail…
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Been riding clipped in for months with no incident..
    Why do these things always happen with an audience?
    Picking yourself up off the floor at a busy junction with several cars wondering Wtf did he just do there?
    It’s actually quite funny as you are just going over wondering if you can get your foot out that quickly and can’t decide which foot to unclip….. Oh hello floor.

Luckily I’m a short arse and don’t have far to fall.

tonyd

I’ve been riding clipped in for years with no incident, then fell over sideways a couple of weeks ago. Filtered up to the front of some rural traffic lights, track stand track stand track stand, shall I go or unclip, track stand track stand, go unclip, go unclip, go…. unclip, unclip, UNCLIP, bugger.

Indecision is a no no 🙂

kudos
    Free Member

Friend of mine thought he’d avoid unclipping by leaning on one of those bollard/signs with a blue arrow at one of the area’s busiest junctions.

What he didn’t realise is that they’re mounted on a big spring. He did a complete cartwheel over the sign and landed in a heap, still clipped in.

To compound matters, the traffic island was covered in huge cobbles guaranteeing maximum bruising and the additional humiliation of trying to untangle himself in front of dozens of laughing commuters!

PrinceJohn

Whenever that has happened to me I’ve found I’ve successfully unclipped my left foot, then proceeded to gently fall to my right hand with my left foot floating in the air…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do carry on, it’s hilarious watching folks trackstand to failure.

Us lot who unclip and stand have to have something to watch whilst waiting for the lights. 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

and can’t decide which foot to unclip

That’s your problem – always unclip with the same foot every time no matter what. The only time I’ve had a problem has been when for an inexplicable reason I’ve unclipped with a different foot first .

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do that ernie but I once unclipped that foot to then find i had packed mu shopping in my panniers so badly that the bike was going over to the other side , due to weight, thankfully i feel into the road as well from a cycle path.

About 10 years ago though so lesson learnt

Never fallen over doing a track stand …not that great at them tbh

cynic-al
    Free Member

Worn cleats got me recently.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Do carry on, it’s hilarious watching folks trackstand to failure.

Whats the point of track standing at lights anyway. There’s a couple of folk do it on my commute wobbling about in the ASL, I’m behind them in my usual right foot down stance, lights change, the set off but they’re never very quick and I need to pass them. I thought the whole point was for a quick getaway?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Once upon a time it was trendy to trackie, you know a bloke (or girl) sporting a beard, cycling cap, shades, pants showing, right trews leg rolled up, knackered mitts, skate trainers…

Now it’s just fat IT bods sporting paunch, helmet with peak, glasses, “ride Lundun” cycling top x2 sizes too small, cargo pants, MTB shoes..

Not trendy at all, no wonder fixi’estz have found routes “off piste” which enables them to miss all the lights. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whats the point of track standing at lights anyway

good place to practice and because you can 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

bikebuoy currently “most awesome on the thread”…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘cocky track stand fail…’ is closed to new replies.