After a bit of set up advice on my stereo – I rode a merida over the weekend (161) that was too small and loved the feel of it.
Getting back on the stereo finding its highlighting that I think I have a set up issue.
Basically I get the following symptoms;
• Twitchy – I seem to wander badly when going uphill
• Difficult to pop front end up going down
• Severe arm pump with numb little fingers!
The arm pump is the worst thing, I think I have a death grip which doesn’t help, but was quite relaxed on the Merida.
I have so far reduced the stem to a 50mm – bars are carbon Easton havens with a very small rise.
I was going to think about the following;
• Moving seat forward a little
• Checking brakes for angle and moving them inboard a bit
• Potential to go to a 20m rise bar?
• Maybe reducing stem down to 30mm
Is there anything I should look for in particular – I am 6ft 2 if that helps!
I think the bars are 740mm as well, which feels ok but totally open to suggestions here as its getting really frustrating.