Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Cockerpoo and Cavapoo dogs…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…we have been looking after a cavapoo for the last week and sadly hes gone home…wife and kids were smitten with him (cat wasn’t over the moon)

Its stared “I think we should get one” etc etc as much as I want one I cant get my head around the cost of one I could buy a small country for the price of one.

Reasons for having great round children and very lovable dogs blah blah

They hardly come up for re homing as I’ve phoned a few up.

Anyone got one ? Where did you get from ? what did you pay ?

Thanks in advance

andyfla
    Free Member

There is a guy in Melton Mowbray who breeds them on a small scale – ask through Melton Vets

khani
    Free Member

Just buy a poodle in medium, not a little tiny one or a gert big one but a medium sized one, no shedding and loads of character and fun, you don’t have to give it a poncy puffball cut, they look like little bears naturally
    Or ideally take the family to a dogs home and pick a rescue..

anagallis_arvensis

If you went a designer cross breed get a Lurcher no need to pay more than £250.

steve-g
    Free Member

Have a Cockerpoo, Monty, 9 months old. Got him from a breeder in Waltham Cross I think it was. We have 2 kids and the youngest gives him hell and he never properly bites him in retaliation. Great temperament, costs a bit in grooming but Mrs-g plans to take the clippers to him herself instead in future. Cost, just shy of 4 figures which I thought was ridiculous at the time, but am more than happy with now

bikebouy
    Free Member

WTF is a Cavapoo when it’s at home.

Stop bloody inbreading animals you freaks.

ninfan
    Free Member

Stop bloody inbreading animals you freaks.

Don’t you mean outbreeding?

In fact it’s exactly what we should be doing to combat the problems of inbreeding and increase heterosis

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mongrels.

Why not visit a rescue centre and see what wants to adopt you as a family?

Give a down on its luck dog a forever home and reduce the demand for backyard breeders or puppy farmers.

It’s a win win.

dantsw13

Straight cocker spaniels are great with kids, and extremely loyal loveable dogs too.

geoffj

Mongrels

Indeed. They all have stupid cross combo names – so they can be sold on Gumtree for insane amounts.

Labradoodlerussell anyone?

joebristol

We’ve got a Cavachon- she’s a year old now. Small cute and fluffy and really good with kids. She doesn’t shed hair much at all and I’ve got allergies but have no issues with her.

Paid £350 for her in February – there seemed to be more of them for a good price in South Wales than anywhere else. Both parents were pedigree in their breeds and we got to see the whole litter with the mother (a bichon frise).

wait4me

WTF is a Cavapoo when it’s at home.

Stop bloody inbreading animals you freaks

I love how the internet gives those that know not the difference between **** and clay a platform.

I’m not a dog fan, but every time I see my sister’s cavapoo I want to dognap it. Lovely sweet natured thing. The dog, not my sister.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

If you must breed from a pedigree dog the best thing you can do is get a poodle up it.
    Seems to improve any breed.
    Mongrels are best!
    Get to the dogs’ home and find something unique.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Get a proper dog.

Spaniels are fabulous, poodles are fabulous, Labradors are fabulous.

Blend em’ together and they are stupid vanity projects.

ticsmon

As Khani says just go for a poodle or a cocker to avoid the price of the new designer mungrels.

shifter
    Free Member

Shihtpoo ftw

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Get a proper dog.

The exact words a drunken truck driver who had parked some ladies in at a Tesco’s while he bought some fags said to me when I told him to move his truck and he saw my daughter’s cavapoo so I told him to have a go unless he was scared of a bald fat bloke with a little white dog and then he attacked me and I thumped him so hard he had to have a little lie down. The EXACT words.

They’re a perfectly proper dog. Lots of energy and great with kids, doesn’t shed hair and pretty easy to train. Really sound health-wise too, unlike so many pure-breeds. Downside? Our’s can be a but yappy when the door bell goes (which is her job, I suppose) and likes to jump up on strangers.

anagallis_arvensis

Spaniels are fabulous, poodles are fabulous, Labradors are fabulous.

Blend em’ together and they are stupid vanity projects.

Funny I always think the exact same thing abkut the inbred poor excuses for dogs that the Kennel Club promote.

myti
    Free Member

Or go down the animal shelter and they’ll soon be smitten with whichever one does the best sad eyes and waggy tail from its cage.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Had 4 Springers over the years now got a working cocker/poodle cross – best dog we’ve had by a mile! Runs all day, lies on settee all night, loves our 14 month granddaughter and doesn’t moult.

It’s a proper dog!

sc-xc

We have an Aussie Doodle. Expensive, brilliant, lovable mongrel.

All dogs are ‘proper’ dogs.

km79
    Free Member

Show them some photies of puppy farms or some cruel youtube videos, tell them thats where they come from, do they really want to contribute to that? Now you’ve saved a few quid, get down to the rescue place.

headfirst
    Free Member

All these designer crossbreeds are exempt from Kennel Club breeding regulations and monitoring and so generally the dog breeders/farmers/factories don’t give two shits about dog welfare. Buying one only perpetuates the industry.
    Pedigree dogs are by definition inbreds and so each breed comes with a list of common ailments and conditions.

Get a rescue dog.

poah
    Free Member

just go get a mongrel from the dogs trust or other animal shelter.

Toddboy
    Free Member

I’m not too keen on the Cockerpoo, labradoodle, etc types of dogs. We have an English Cocker Spaniel, (working). Very freindly dog, great with kids. Loads of energy, never stops. She is 2 years old and I haven’t seen it sleep yet! Can take it for a ten mile walk and she will still run laps around the garden.

joebristol

I don’t see what the issue is that people have with these little cross breed dogs – as long as they don’t cost stupid amounts of money.

Ours has a great temperament – she wants to play a lot during the day – but on an evening she’s happy to lie on someone’s lap and cuddle / sleep.

angeldust
    Free Member

Its stared “I think we should get one” etc etc as much as I want one I cant get my head around the cost of one I could buy a small country for the price of one.

Not the cheapest breed, but purchase price is fairly insignificant compared to ongoing costs over it’s life, and potential vet’s bills.

angeldust
    Free Member

thebrowndog – Member

Get a proper dog.

The exact words a drunken truck driver who had parked some ladies in at a Tesco’s while he bought some fags said to me when I told him to move his truck and he saw my daughter’s cavapoo so I told him to have a go unless he was scared of a bald fat bloke with a little white dog and then he attacked me and I thumped him so hard he had to have a little lie down. The EXACT words.

Charmed :roll:.

Toddboy
    Free Member

Joebristol has made a very good point. Some ‘breeders’ are charging far too much money for what is basically a cross breed. When we lived in Australia we bought an English Bull Mastiff / Rhodesian Ridgeback cross. Didn’t cost much, but was the softest dog you could wish for.

It’s always better to see the parent dogs though, to judge the temperament.

weeksy

No one has answered yet, wtf is a cavapoo?

bearnecessities

If only Jamie could somehow photoshop a spendy watch, a cockapoo, a fast car, a road bike with discs, some misplaced racist/sexist/brexist outrage and a tattoo on a fatty, in one beautiful piece..

…go on 🙂

No one has answered yet, wtf is a cavapoo?

It’s like a bollecollie, but goes better with nibbles.

joolsburger
    Free Member

We rescued our Labrador Poodle cross for around £250 and paid the same for our Poodle/Pomerainian cross. They are both excellent, healthy dogs that came from good homes and weren’t anything to do with Puppy farms or any of that stuff.

I also have a 12 year old Labrador and to see my formerly healthy dog succumb to dreadful arthritis is breaking my heart. Not all pure breds are a good bet and they are also not cheap many even apparently healthy dogs can have issues from inbreeding.

Some people are charging silly money for certain crosses but 500 -700 seems reasonable for such excellent dogs compared to say 4k for a French Bulldog that will have no end of problems.

http://www.doodletrust.com/

joebristol

daddydave

We just bought a Cavapoo nearly two weeks ago and he is a great little dog so far. He is 12 weeks old today and getting more cute everyday, more cheeky as well and growing with confidence. We did all the wrong things and bought him from someone on Gumtree, didn’t know the history of the parents etc but we have given him a good home and so far he is fine. Very good natured, sleeps through the night on his own and very playful.

We did look at re-homing a dog first but there wasn’t a bog choice locally with lots of staffies and older dogs with issues. I think that these cross breeds are actually giving a better gene pool and hopefully less issues.

He cost us £550 and as angeldust says this will be nothing compared to vets fees, insurance and toys for him over his life.

I am trying to post a picture but struggling to work out how. I might manage later.

daddydave

Managed to upload a picture.

dannybgoode

Cockerpoos are fab but then I’m biased! Did you know they’ve been a thing since the 50’start in the ‘States?

My friend has a cockerpoo and a cavapoo. Cavapoos are too small for me.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Lurcher for the win, The original and best designer dog. I am biased having had several different versions.

willjones
    Free Member

Runs all day, lies on settee all night, loves our 14 month granddaughter and doesn’t moult.

It’s a proper dog!

+1

Spoodle (now upside down in front of fire)

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice and helpful tips

I suggested a giraffe this morning it didn’t go down well !

poah
    Free Member

Some people are charging silly money for certain crosses but 500 -700 seems reasonable

500-700 is silly money for a mongrel, I paid £500 for my GSD and thats only because the animal shelters wouldn’t let us have a GSD because we had young kids at the time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Cockerpoo and Cavapoo dogs…’ is closed to new replies.