Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cobblers
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

My wife picked up my shoes from the Cobblers after having a new leather sole stitched to them, now I don’t normally use this chap, but he was more local than my usual Cobbler and £15 cheaper, without going into detail basically a **** retarded 8 year old could have done a better job, the shoes aren’t that expensive but they cost £120 5 months ago, but he’s totally **** the sole up, shitty stitching loads of loose ends and some bizarre large stitches.

Should I threaten him with trading standards, local consumer radio show or beat the living crap out of him.

AFAIK these shoes are ruined, your thoughts?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Should I threaten him with trading standards, local consumer radio show or beat the living crap out of him.

I’d leave him alone and go after the **** who sold you a pair of shoes for £120 which only lasted 5 months 😯

MrNutt
    Free Member

hide in his shop, never ever leave or be discovered.

tinribz
    Free Member

Cobblers still exist?

What do you do? – I’m a cobbler.

Nah.

Candodavid
    Free Member

KingTut- send them to me and I’ll see what I can do for you, I have been mending shoes for 25 years and will give you an honest opinion. I am south west based

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Candodavid,

I’m Bristol based, are you close by?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Weston Super Mare
    e-mail in profile

Candodavid
    Free Member

davidDOTlouharrisATbtinternet.com

I will direct contact from there

skidartist
    Free Member

And it was at that moment Kingtut realised it was Candodavid that mullered his shoes 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

FFS, you post about trashed shoes and a local-ish cobbler responds!!!!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Only trying to help somebody out, how **** negative can people be, perhaps nobody should offer any help at all then we all could be miserable cynics.

mybike
    Free Member

Wee in your shoes!

Coat being gotten…….

bruneep

skidartist – Member

And it was at that moment Kingtut realised it was Candodavid that mullered his shoes

Priceless

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Condodavid, I’ll mail you from work tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Candodavid…I reckon you should walk away from your keyboard and have a search for your sense of humour! 😆

miserable cynics

Take a look in the mirror!! 8)

Candodavid
    Free Member

No problem

mrmo
    Free Member

Candodavid, if your refering to me, not trying to be negative, just shocked at the website, you ask a fairly obscure question and someone comes along who can and is willing to help out.

avdave2

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that KINGTUT and Candodavid are part of some spy ring and using this forum to exchange coded messages. I hope GCHQ have got tabs on these two. How could you ever trust a man who has a “usual cobbler” that just has to be code for something.

skidartist
    Free Member

I wasn’t having a go either – just joking that the first cobbler to speak up (i wouldn’t have guessed there were any cobblers on STW) was right on Kingtuts door step, so close that you could (for comedy purposes) be the one he was complaining about in the first post.

But i’ve been slogging my guts out since 5am, and have now managed to make myself too drunk very quickly, so maybe it came out wrong.

Bruneep – receipt in the post

Candodavid
    Free Member

Sorry Guys …Tired myself, I have a great deal of pride in the work I give out to my customers. Our trade will die on it’s ass if people continue giving out crap work.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that……

No it’s not just you.

Candodavid’s completely disproportionate response to mrmo’s innocent comment, set alarm bells off for me.

I smell something fishy. It’s as if someone is just a little tad nervous, and has perhaps something to hide ………
    if you know what I mean …….

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Candodavid, I took the shoes back to the chap and he admitted that he had rushed them and has promised to sort it out.

I’ll let you know if there ant further issues, thanks for your offer anyway.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cobblers’ is closed to new replies.