Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Coaster Brakes – Love 'em or Hate 'em ?
  • CHUBBER
    Free Member

How do you feel about coaster brakes on kids bikes ?

I`m refering to 16 & 20" wheel sizes … if you were given a choice of a coaster brake equipped bike or v-brake, which would you buy?

If your children have used coaster brakes, did they like them?

Top.Dog
    Free Member

i think they are great for small children who cannot pull a break lever properly, but not great when you are pulling them along with a trail-gator.

most 16" bikes would only have a front break anyway,

trail_rat
    Free Member

most 16" bikes would only have a front break anyway

il phrase that correctly – most SHIT 16 inch bikes will only have a front brake ….

i have a selection of 6 in the shop atm that all have front and rear brakes which are adjustable and light to pull for little hands. i used to have some 12 inch mongoose bikes that had both brakes and a coaster brake ! even the cnoc 16 has two brakes !

trail_rat
    Free Member

and given the choice i would always get a bike with a pair of normal brakes rather than a coaster!

fadda

My 3 yr old has a coaster brake on his 12" spesh (I know…). It's great, as he has trouble with the standard fromt brake, both the tension and the modulation, but finds the coaster brake easier to control (and do skids with!)

I just wonder how he's going to get on when the next bike he has, has a brake set that he's not familiar with…

epicyclo

Kids can't break a coaster brake.

I like coasters – good fun.

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Ive got a coaster brake on my cruiser….
    They are weird to start with, but are the best for skids!!!
    And as we all know, skids are for kids.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Coaster Brakes – Love 'em or Hate 'em ?’ is closed to new replies.