Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Coaster AKA pedal back brake – where from?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Short of borrowing it from my daughter's bike, where can it be had from new?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member
    robdob
    Free Member

What sort of bike are you using it for and what kind of riding?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mansonsoul
    Free Member

Sturemy Archer make them. I'm sure you can order them from most any UK bike shop. They do many different hubs that are slightly different, so make sure you pick the right one!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Considering a Ti hardtail, built possibly rigid. XC/commuting/riding on the beach.

Stoner
    Free Member

remember they dont work with tensioners so you need a SS specific frame or a magic ratio/half link.

I was going to use one in an Xtracycle luggage bike conversion but had to settle on derailieur/cassette/disc brake in the end as my Inbred doner had vertical dropouts.

SJSCycles are the best place to look – but keep an eye on eBay too once you've identified a model as you can find broken shopppers on there to salvage a hub out of.

molgrips
    Free Member

Are they legal on bikes in the UK? I thought they didn't meed BS somethig or other.

Stoner
    Free Member

they meet BS so long as a second brake is fitted (i.e. front brake)

Two brakes must be fitted – it doesnt matter how they are operated.

On a similar note, fixies can count as a brake, but you still need at least a front brake as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Coaster AKA pedal back brake – where from?’ is closed to new replies.