• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • coast to coast UK
  • bettycam
    Free Member

I am planning on doing the coast to coast off road in about 8 weeks, but have just found out I am pregnant. I am obviously still keen to carry on but am aware that it may not be possible. I am wondering if anyone has completed this journey before whilst pregnant and any advice or tips you may have would be most helpful

scotroutes

You should be able to do any UK coast to coast in a lot less than 8 weeks!

Seriously though, you are pregnant, not ill.

Take your time, don’t push things too hard and you should be fine. I have friends who’ve done a lot more at an even later stage of pregnancy. If you are still concerned seek medical advice!

cloudnine
    Free Member

The only possible problems may be sickness / nausea and not being able to eat depending on the stage of pregnancy and maybe fatigue. Oh and tell it to BTFU.

asterix
    Free Member

sickness / nausea and not being able to eat depending on the stage of pregnancythe ride and maybe fatigue.

– this would do for most of us

seriously, take it easy but enjoy the ride

sandwicheater

Congratulations!

You’ll be fine. My misses was still riding/running a few months into her pregnancy.

singletracksurfer

We decided to stop on day 2 when doing a C2C when my misses was preggers (3 months or so I believe), as she started to get bad pains. Shame as we’d all made the bookings, payments, plans etc and she felt bad for us, not hat we minded (too much) 😉

davenorth1
    Free Member

don’t do it. why risk anything when u don’t need to

asterix
    Free Member

There’s no such thing as no risk. You could die sitting on the sofa eating crisps

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Salt and vinegar are the most dangerous.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i’m sure you can still have intercourse when heavily pregnant and that is like prodding baby with a big stick repeatedly,…you’ll be fine.

…ps …i’m not a doctor

ghastlyrabbitfat
    Free Member

From memory, didn’t Alison Hargreaves solo the classic Eiger North Face route when 6 months pregnant?

bettycam
    Free Member

cheers for the replies, still out on the bike so far 🙂
    As for crisps, consuming in large quantities 🙂

nbt

bear in mind I’m not a parent (not from lack of trying, just lack of success) but I understand that this view is leading complicated births – when women were more active it would encourage the baby into the right position for birth. Personally I think that you should listen to your own body, if you feel good to go then enjoy the ride, but stop when you thin you should

gazc
    Free Member

if you do it, take your time. my girlfriend was riding up to about 5/6months when it started getting too difficult. that was just local stuff and commuting, i think the last big ride was about 3 months in, which included part of the C2C route to newcastle as we live by it. hills were the most problematic, which there are a few of on the C2C in the lakes/western pennines

i take it you doing the sustrans C2C route btw? if you are doing it with a support vehicle maybe you could do the odd flatter day and get lifts for the hilly days

oh and congrats on the news 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘coast to coast UK’ is closed to new replies.