Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Coast to Coast tour guide company. Whitehaven to Tyne and Wear – Off Road
  • COZZY
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good tour company for the off road coast to coast route from Whitehaven to Tyner and Wear.
    Thanks K

boxelder

What support are you looking for – ride guiding? Accomm and food, transport? What group size?

Cycleactive may do it as a bespoke trip. Private guides are probably a cheaper option, depending on what you want.

belugabob
    Free Member

Get in touch with Peter at Trailbrakes

Really nice guy, who can organise the whole thing for you.

COZZY
    Free Member

Hi Yeah I will be after a guided tour.

I’ve just been looking on line and some do a 6 day trip coast to coast from Fort William which also looks amazing.

Have you guys done the Whitehaven coast to coast ?

jekkyl

yes most everyone has some point. You’ll find you won’t need someone to guide you if you’re doing the Sustrans C2C, it’s very well marked and very popular. Taking 3 days to do it the first time is standard and quite a leisurely pace. When we did it we stopped in Penrith and Rookhope or other people choose Keswick & Allenheads. It’s great fun espicially the last day which seems like it’s virtually all downhill to Tyneside.

boxelder

He’s after the ‘proper’ off road coast to coast I jekkyl. Trailbrakes look a good bet. Done most of it and planning a full trip, bikepacking ITT style soon I hope.

Edit
    On second read, Whaven to Tyne, so Sustrans.
    It’s not really off road in an MTB sense OP.

jekkyl

yeah, the proper offroad versions starts at St Bees i think?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There used to be ads in all the St Bees pubs offering bag transfer services, route is well marked out of Cumbria from what I remember.

TomB

The proper off road route is st bees to robin hoods bay, sort of following the walkers coast to coast. Is it Mcmoonter off here that wrote a good blog about it?

tom.nash

How about the Rat Race Crossing in three weeks time…?

COZZY
    Free Member

Rat race was very expensive the last time I checked. I havnt checked in a while though. Plus I’m looking at August. Cheers.

jonba
    Free Member

Not recommendations as such as I’ve never used them. I know of them and hear good things.

WATBike

https://www.skedaddle.co.uk/

http://www.chain-events.co.uk/

boxelder

If you’re thinking of the Sustrans route, just book the accommodation you want, and sort the transport. It’s well signed, with maps and GPX. The website covers it all.

COZZY
    Free Member

Thanks all. It might be a week in the lakes now from those links.

the-muffin-man

When we did the offroad St. Bees to Robin Hoods Bay (nearly 10 years ago now (eek!)), we used Packhorse and they were very good. Not sure if they can offer what you are after, but they may be worth adding to your list…

http://www.c2cpackhorse.co.uk/index.php

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Coast to Coast tour guide company. Whitehaven to Tyne and Wear – Off Road’ is closed to new replies.