Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • CO2 Tyre inflation Canisters …..
  • letmetalktomark

I have a tendency to over pack whilst out on the bike.

I always take my Camelback to store spares – multi tool, spare tube etc.

I’d like the freedom to move away from taking the Camelback. I have a seatbag and water bottle etc but don’t fancy taking a pump attached to the frame.

The CO2 canisters look a good option but have never used them. Saw a lot of folks at MM riding with them 😕

As always any suggestions/experiences would be very welcomed!

wwaswas

I’d always take a pump even if I had CO2 cannisters – it’s all right on a race course if a CO2 cannister goes off at the wrong moment and your tyre doesn’t inflate or you get a slow puncture and have to top up next time you go through pits but if you’re just riding an MTB it’s a risk to not have a backup.

depends how far you go from home/how long a walk you’ll tolerate really I guess.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve been using them for over 10 years. Most of the people I ride with use them.

The only time I’ve ever seen problems is in the snow. They ice up, freeze to valves, freeze to wet gloves (and hands) and are a general disaster. Other than that, they’re great.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Tyreinflators.co.uk are cheapest for cartridges by miles…

bella
    Free Member

Just investigated the same to try to cut down on kit to carry in the mega. Got the genuine innovations one and it seems to work well. A 16g cartridge inflated a 2.5 minion to about the right pressure so no need for the bigger cartridges.

nuttyslack
    Free Member

I also always take a pump as well as a CO2 canister (three cartridges, just in case…), but I have never had to use the pump. I think they are worth the money and risk.

dingabell
    Free Member

They’re especially good for inflating tubeless tyres which can be a bugger to re-inflate if you lose the seal with the rim.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘CO2 Tyre inflation Canisters …..’ is closed to new replies.