Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Co2 size for 29×2.25 Nobby Nic
  • londonerinoz
    Free Member

Anyone found they needed a bigger Co2 canister to air up the above tyre properly? IIRC it’s a 2.25 but it might be a 2.35 if that exists.

I had a puncture for the first time yesterday on my 29er, and the 20g (again I think, I know it’s not the smallest size) canister only came up to 12psi once I checked it at home. It’s possible I got a second slow puncture though since it wasn’t as firm as the 25+psi I’d usually have in the rear. Trail side I couldn’t find any holes in the original tube (which was going down slowly) or anything poking through the tyre feeling the inside.

sumomatt
    Free Member

When I ran NNs used to take 2x16oz to inflate one. That’s pretty normal in experience for most 29er tyres. Usually gets me to between 25 and 30 psi.

londonerinoz
    Free Member

Cheers, I hadn’t considered this implication before it presented itself! As it stood I was praying that the canister was still good, or I would have had a 2-3km walk in the Australian bush with night falling.

I normally carry 2 but I used up the spare seating a new 26er tyre tubelessly, and had forgotten to replace it. I think I’ll start carrying the mini pump again.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wobbliscott
    Free Member

I just usually use one and top up with the pump. I’ve got a medium sized mini-pump so its not that bad once you’ve got a good start from the cannister.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Co2 size for 29×2.25 Nobby Nic’ is closed to new replies.