Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • CO2 pumps – All much the same?
  • sandwicheater

Tempted to treat myself. LBS didn’t have any so a quick wiggle check and a fare few to choose from.

Are the canisters universal? Any models to avoid or that you recommend?

Would ten ducks be enough to beat a badger in a fight?

mattyfez

I have a threaded one that takes threaded canisters.

Buy refils online in packs of 10 or more – much cheaper, work out under a quid each.

They come in differetn capacity too, you’ll probably want 16 gram, the lower capacity ones wont put that much pressure in.

Trimix
    Free Member

The valve bit can vary in quality. Some allow you to press a button to control the flow, others just rely on you twisting the thing. Some work way better than others.

I had a cheap one thinking they would all be similar. In use it was pants. I’ve since bought one that looks like it will be better, but haven’t had to use it yet.

Simple is not always better.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikey74
    Free Member

Get one with a trigger as they are controllable.

I’ve just bought the Innovations ultraflate plus and it takes both threaded and non threaded, as well as most sizes of cannisters.

garlic
    Free Member

Still use a hand pump for MTBing but use a CO2 inflator on my road bike. It’s a very basic and cheap Bontrager Regulator- takes threaded canisters, has a knob to open/close the valve + a rubber grip to put around the canister so you don’t freeze your fingers. Have been using it for two years now with zero issues.

rone

Get the ultraflate as above it takes everything and it’s a pain being restricted on canister type.

nathb
    Free Member

I bought a hybrid pump, which is great to just double check the puncture repair holds/the inner tube is set correctly before I blast it with co2.

This one: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-hybrid-co2-mini-pump-race/

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

CO2 Pump – Decathlon

Works a treat.

BearBack
    Free Member

The genuine innovations air chuck is the simplest most reliable co2 thingy I’ve come across.

egb81
    Free Member

Got a Lezyne Road Drive that I really like. The pump is so good I’ve never bothered with the co2 but when out on the road. If you’re using co2 with tubeless be wary as it can turn the sealant into an ill shaped bouncy ball.

Haze

The genuine innovations air chuck is the simplest most reliable co2 thingy I’ve come across.

Had one of these, in fact just changed it as I’ve somehow stripped the thread on it. Served me very well for years anyway.

Just bought one of the Lezyne ones as a replacement, hope it’s half as good…

pdw
    Free Member

I can’t fault these:

https://www.co2cartridges.co.uk/mosa-co2-mini-tyre-inflator-pump-inc-2-x-16g-threaded

£5 including two cartridges, very compact and work well.

craig24
    Free Member

pdw – Member
    I can’t fault these:

https://www.co2cartridges.co.uk/mosa-co2-mini-tyre-inflator-pump-inc-2-x-16g-threaded

£5 including two cartridges, very compact and work well.

Got the same one, can’t fault it.

stormtrooper
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at this…

Best of both worlds?

sandwicheater

And not one thought on badger/duck throw down, is disappointed.

Cheers all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘CO2 pumps – All much the same?’ is closed to new replies.