Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • CO2 pumps
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I was going to get the Innovations one as they do one with trigger activation: However, my LBS only stocks the Specialized ones: Are they any good?

Tracey

Yes. They work when you push down on the head.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Truflo only me. Simple

takisawa2

Need one of these too

Lezyne any good ?
    Their stuff is usually spot on.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

All the of the lezynes I’ve had have failed in short order. One i bought. One warranty replacement and an upgrade warranty replacement.

I use the ones from the co2 cartridge shop now. Cheap enough to have 4 or 5 kicking round and reliable enough that all of them still work after 5 or 6 years.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks Tracey. it’s for my road bike as I was stuck at the top of Box Hill today, using my effing pump…grrrrrrr

deadkenny
    Free Member

Innovations do ones where you can lock it so if you don’t use it all it will keep the pressure. Have had it last for weeks with still pressure in the cart.

LBS will be very expensive in comparison to online like co2cartridges, especially the price of cartridges.

p.s. Look for inflators that take threaded carts and without needing a container for the cart (though they may come with one). That means you can use any size cart and not limited to what fits in the cart container.

Also… wear gloves! You can get very nasty burns off carts as they freeze during use.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

I use this

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-cnc-co2-inflator-thread-on-valve-head/

With these

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-16g-co2-inflator-cartridges-pack-of-6/

Never let me down in 3 years. Used quite a lot! As someone above said, use gloves when you use the Co2 inflator.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Anyone used the Aldi one? May give it a whirl next time they’re in.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

go tubeless

cookeaa

Pawsy_Bear – Member
    go tubeless

As much of a tubeless fan as I am, I still wouldn’t go for a ride without an emergency tube and a means of inflating it…

The wiggle lifeline inflator above is a good shout by the way, as is their hybrid mini pump for a tenner.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Tubeless provides even more of a reason to use CO2 as they are very good at seating tyres.

If you get a proper size puncture that won’t seal, use anchovy type patch stuff, CO2 to reinflate. Though does mess with the sealant so may need changing post ride. Tip – seat first with CO2, deflate, add sealant, pump with track pump.

mikey74
    Free Member

I don’t use tubeless, and I’m not planning on changing that any time soon.

RustySpanner

I’ve got a Bontrager one.

I’ve no idea if it works as I’m too tight to use it.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I bought a Decathlon one a few weeks back. Looks ok for the money. Not had the opportunity to use it yet though!

[/url]

£8 🙂

Tracey

Tubeless here. Use Dynaplug and a Specialized head. Have seen it done in less than a minute at the side of the trail. Thats what convinced me it was the way forward.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘CO2 pumps’ is closed to new replies.