Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CO2 Inflators with Gauges?
  • gcaster
    Free Member

Do these exist?
    I really like the idea of the CO2 inflators but don't fancy accidentaly putting about 150PSI into a road tyre and putting 40PSI straight into an MTB tyre is just a waste.

TooTall
    Free Member

Learn the Rule of Thumb.

Do you need a diagram to tell you which way 'Lefty Loosy' is as well?

gcaster
    Free Member

Are you trying to tell me I should be able to feel when my road tyre hits 130PSI? I commend anyone who can squeeze a tyre at 120PSI and confidently say, 'nah not quite, you need another 10 in there'!

Farmer_John
    Free Member

you'll only get about 90 psi in a road tyre even with a 16g cartridge.

gcaster
    Free Member

Thought they were meant to give you about 130g? The 12g cartridges are specced to give 90psi.
    Is this just not the case?

Pressure chart here:
    http://www.genuineinnovations.com/bicycle/mountain/proflate-16-clone-2.html

njee20
    Free Member

No they'll never quite get to the quoted pressure.

IMO CO2 inflators are a 'get you out of trouble' fix on the road/trail, you stick a whole cartridge in, then sort it with a track pump when you get home.

You may as well empty a cartridge, as they 'bleed' air anyway, you won't be able to inflate 2 tyres with one 16g cartridge to a sensible pressure, and if you inflate a tyre and try to top it up a few days later the cartridge will have leaked the remainder anyway.

druidh
    Free Member

You'll never get 150psi out of one 16g cartridge, even on a 23C tyre. If you're worried though, get something like this: http://www.thebikechain.co.uk/store/product/25650/SKS-Airgun-CO2-Pump/

You can regulate the flow, so no need to pump it all in if you don't want to.

njee20
    Free Member

Why would you want 150psi in a road tyre! I've never found a 16g cartridge insufficient, they'll do about 90, which is more than enough to let you finish the ride.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CO2 Inflators with Gauges?’ is closed to new replies.