Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • CO2 cartridges for 29er – 16g or 25g – where from?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

looking to get some more for my 29er running 2.2in tires – which is the better size, 16g or 25? have previously bought from ebay for just under £1 each for about 30x. anyone got any good deals?

cp

Watches with interest

reggiegasket
    Free Member

25 definitely. But who has big boxes of 25g cheap?

Tracey

2.3 Butcher and Purgatory. Just enough in the 16oz if you get it right. Too much in the 25 but good if you need to top up.
    Last lot of 25s came from Evans who had a deal on. Couldn’t find any other cheap ones at the time

deadkenny
    Free Member

16g. Use two if one is not enough and maybe works out cheaper than one 25g.

Though if you’re getting 25g at under £1 per cart on ebay then that’s a good deal anyway (assuming they’re not fakes or half filled etc).

I get mine from https://www.co2cartridges.co.uk/co2-cartridges

From a box of 30, 16g is aprox 50-60p per cart, so two can work out £1ish depending if non-threaded or threaded. Threaded is more expensive, but I use head only style inflators which need threaded – and gloves!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

PX have threaded 25g for £2 each. Postage on top though 🙄

mattyfez

I’d say 25g is preferable. 16g will get you going but a slight misfire and you just won’t have enough left.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Postage – blame RM’s restrictions. With the ebay ones, do they try to send them cheap via RM and you’re gambling whether they confiscate them?

daern
    Free Member

16g won’t inflate my 29er to any decent pressure (I’ve tried). I carry 25g carts, but once they’ve gone, I’ll just double up on 16g ones instead.

Poopscoop

Just ordered some 25g from PX.
    Don’t need a load, just ordered 5. Not too bad even with p & p really I guess.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

£48 for 25 here:

non-threaded though

cakefest
    Free Member

thanks for your responses. went to the same place as previously for 30x 16g threaded carts from used-bike-bits on ebay.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘CO2 cartridges for 29er – 16g or 25g – where from?’ is closed to new replies.