• This topic has 14 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • CO2 cartridge/applicator- which/where? Cheapish?
  • hora
    Free Member

For Presta wheels- mainly for road riding not mountain bike.

Do they come with a gauge or is by feel ‘ok’?

Jamie
    Free Member

Why not ask in your LBS? 😀

…and no/yes.

hora
    Free Member

LBS? You mean my local showroom? :mrgreen:

tonyg2003

Co2 Cartridges was where I bought mine. Down to about 60p each if you buy +10.

I just use a whole cartridge for a road tyre. No gauge. That works out “about right”.

Although don’t make the same mistake and buy a “24 piece puncture repair kit” (£2.99). It’s 24 puncture repair kits! I handed them out to all my cycling buddies.

Gary_M
    Free Member

They don’t come with a gauge but a 16g cartridge pumps a road tyre up to around 120psi. I have a couple, a tiny lezyne one for use on the road bike, screw the cartridge in and no control over what goes in and a genuine innovations trigger operated one for commuting.

I buy cartridges from here

My link and ‘co2 cartridges’ are the same site btw.

Lezyne one and Genuine Innovations one

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got a lezyne trigger drive one here. Works well. Recommend getting one that screws on to the valve and that allows you to control the flow of air (some sort of trigger.) They don’t have a gauge but for me it’s an emergency thing so feel is ok. LBS. About 15 quid. Lots of online places don’t seem to like mailing co2 cartridges these days.

Edit… just pick up cartridges from my LBS. They’re pretty cheap and it’s rare that I use more than half a dozen a year.

hora
    Free Member

Gary/tony so this is a good starter to see if I like then top up with a bulk catridge buy?

http://www.co2cartridges.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=269&category=314

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh go for that one but there will be postage on top of that price. Still good though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

bulk catridge buy

How many do you think you’re going to get through? 🙂

I think I’ve only ever used a couple of cartridges since going tubeless on the mtb a few years ago now. I’ll use maybe three or four a year on the road where I run with tubes, and I do a fair few miles. I guess you know how many flats you get though.

Gary/tony so this is a good starter

I’d still be tempted to get one that properly screws on to the valve. I’ve had problems with one that didn’t.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I bought 30 last week and it will take me a good few years to get through them. But I commute on the bike so in the dark in winter they’re great.

hora
    Free Member

I’d still be tempted to get one that properly screws on to the valve. I’ve had problems with one that didn’t.

Which is Leyzne aka alot more money?

Gary are these the spares to order?: http://www.co2cartridges.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=235&category=303

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yep, threaded 16g. You’re better off buying more than 5 though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The genuine innovations one I have is push on and it’s fine. Although a lot bigger than the one in the link.

hora
    Free Member

Perfik – cheers guys 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘CO2 cartridge/applicator- which/where? Cheapish?’ is closed to new replies.