Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Co2 cans on easyjet flights?
  • slowrider
    Free Member

what do you reckon? in the bike bag, suitcase or not at all?

richc
    Free Member

bear in mind you have to sign/agree to the waiver that you haven’t got any compressed gases in containers when you check in I wouldn’t bother.

However, they do get sent through the post and the pressure change is minimal, so it depends on how lucky you feel.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

just hide it in your luggage, preferably in a box marked B-U-M-B.

What’s the worst that could happen?

Why do you need to take gas canisters, are you racing?

aracer
    Free Member

Bike bag, packed in with lots of other metallic items like tools to make them less obvious on the scanner. Not that I could possibly condone something as naughty as carrying them on a plane.

slowrider
    Free Member

i was going to take them cos setting up tubeless without can be a pain in the arse. ill just pick som up if i need them or run tubes. hopefully wont flat though!

phinbob

Personally, I’d rely on getting some when you get there.

Chances of getting caught = low
    Consequences of getting caught = high – what if they don;t let you or your bike fly?

=> not worth it.

If you’re going somewhere popular, surely you will be able to get some on arrival?

mrmo
    Free Member

i have left canisters in my bike bag on a few occasions by accident. sometimes i have got through and only realised once through the other side. On one occasion it was picked up on the x ray machine, i was asked if i was aware they were there i said i had completely forgotten, they were removed and as i had no other option binned. And on my way i went.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I had mine confiscated before I was able to check my bike bag in.
    Then I had to buy more in Switzerland.

Just leave them at home and buy some when you get there.

aracer
    Free Member

Consequences of getting caught = high

Rubbish – similar experience to mrmo, they once found some in my bag and merely confiscated them.

mudshark
    Free Member

I tried to take a big can of oxygen through – I’d been given it for use when up a 4,500 metre mountain in China and didn’t need it – my superior blood?! Anyway, thought it might be fun to take back and thought would be OK in my luggage as just like deodorant right? But was told to bin it so I did after inhaling a good amount to see what would happen – I got dizzy that’s what happened….

slowrider
    Free Member

thanks, think ill follow the herd and buy some if i need them.

now, does anyone know the bike weight limit for easyjet? cant find it on their site and was wondeering if it was worth sticking some of my kit in there too…

marty
    Free Member

cant find it on their site
    how hard did you try? 😉

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/regulations.html#baggage

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Easyjet don’t allow you to put kit in your bike bag… but you can sometimes get away with it.

Just nod your head when they ask if it’s just a bike in there..

as for C02 canisters – hide ’em in your bike – like down the seat tube or something.

mefty
    Free Member

Travelled with them loads of times – never had a problem – they search bike bags at Luton and Stansted so lost a few there as well as spray oil there but not Gatwick. Never been confiscated in other hold baggage. If no other hold baggage then drop them down your seat tube.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Hows about dropping them into the seat-tube and re-installing the seatpost? Stick them up the seatpost and seal them in with a plug of candle wax?

duntmatter
    Free Member

And this was from a tank designed to be carried in a plane!

Think on.

epicyclo

Do us all a favour. Let us know when you are flying so we can avoid that flight – just in case….

UncleFred
    Free Member

Have a look at what inflates the life jackets.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

The pressure in the hold is the same as the cabin or there abouts… it’s not like you get air shocks blowing up on flights – there’s a small nitrogen chamber that’s at stupid PSI in most of them…

UncleFred
    Free Member

Same with Tires, always told to deflate them. Why? Do you tires explode when you’re at 6000 feet in the Alps?

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

here’s a question though… how much difference does altitude make on an air shock? i.e. at 3300m at the top of the megavalanche vs 750m at the bottom…..

aracer
    Free Member

And this was from a tank designed to be carried in a plane!

Hence designed to be as light as possible. I’d put money on a CO2 cylinder being far more robust than one of those.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Co2 cans on easyjet flights?’ is closed to new replies.