Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • CO2 Canisters
  • ali69er
    Free Member

Simple question, just coming back to the UK so a bit out of touch. Where is good to get them online

bensales
    Free Member
    CalamityJames
    Free Member

Out of interest, is a 16g canister big enough to get a 27.5 tyre fully inflated or will the 24g be better?

Gary_M
    Free Member

tyre inflators.co.uk is much cheaper than wiggle, I buy a box of 3016g cartridges

Onzadog
    Free Member

16g from tyre inflator work out so cheap, you can put two in for less than on 25g if you need to.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

If you’ve a large volume 27.5 tyre then I doubt a single 16g canister will be enough, however I use mine as a quick way to get the tyre mostly inflated and use my manual pump to top it up. It’s much easier to get to the right tyre pressure that way too. I have 29 inch wheels and a canister will get the tyre soft and a minute or two on my pump will get it upto the pressure I like.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

16 aren’t big enough for mtb. Go 25 or 30.

bruneep

I buy a box of 3016g cartridges

Those 3kg cartridges should do the job

Goldigger
    Free Member

You can get 88g cartridges that are used on airrifles..should be enough for 2 fatty tyres..
    You’ll need a 88 to 12g adaptor..

takisawa2

GaryM’s bike, pictured earlier.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TRi3R1]Air bike[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

danrandon
    Free Member

Decathlon do 16grs at 99p each

ali69er
    Free Member

Tyre inflators is a bit steep for postage. Not sure it really works out on balance

pnik

How often do you use them that you buy them in 30 packs?! I bought a box of 6 iirc about 5 years ago? I’ve got 2 left, and i used one on someone elses bike. Am i not getting enough punctures or can you do something else with them?

I do feel they are a bit of a wasteful extravagance, in terms of resources, as they are use once and throw away. In most cases a pump would do the same job but more slowly.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Always used http://www.co2cartridges.co.uk (same site as tyre inflators, just rebranded).

ali69er – Member 
    Tyre inflators is a bit steep for postage. Not sure it really works out on balance

£4.99 on a box of 30 that costs £17.99, total £22.98. vs £26 at Wiggle. Though nice to see a big name retailer now doing big boxes and more reasonable prices.

pnik – Member 
    or can you do something else with them?

Seat tubeless tyres dead easy.

Though I’ve finally got the knack with a track pump and massive amount of soap suds, that I usually can do it without CO2, but occasionally I give up and use the cart.

I also use mine to fix other people’s punctures (while advising them to go tubeless). Occasionally had a puncture that’s taken the pressure down before sealing so re-inflate with one, and less frequently had to put a tube in so used them then.

Box of 30 will last me a long time, but I’ve used them all up over a couple of years, and they work out massively cheaper than LBS prices or online prices for just a few (which are in the £1+ per cartridge range. Though seen fancy branded ones in an LBS for over £10 a cart!).

Gary_M
    Free Member

How often do you use them that you buy them in 30 packs?

Daily bike commuting, riding cx bike/road bike/mountain bike at weekends.

A box of 30 last me about 5 years but bulk buying is cheaper.

mountainman

Aldi did an adapter and cartridges a while back plus refill pack seperate Bound to come around again or Lidl

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘CO2 Canisters’ is closed to new replies.