Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • cnoc14 or similar loaner bike?
  • BearBack
    Free Member

Hey, my wife and kids are in the UK for a month.. sadly for my 2.5yr old, they couldn’t pack his 14″ wheeled Spawn Gremlin for the trip.
    Grandpa had tried to build a jalopy bike from parts off the tip, but sadly despite his best efforts, the bike is too big ;(

Does anyone have a currently not being used cnoc14 or other similar stabilizer free free hub, hand brake bike sitting gathering dust that my kid might be able to borrow while hes visiting England?

Hes standing pedalling, standing when coasting and even trail riding, so i’d like to keep the momentum up while hes away.

They are in Newbury now and heading to Devon at the weekend. Other grandparents in Nottingahmshire

loan/rent for beer would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

BearBack
    Free Member

Also willing to buy…

Only similar biek I can find is a ridgeback mx14.. cant see anything else with 14″ whees that has v-brakes and no coaster.

BearBack
    Free Member

bump, anyone?

Hes got a couple of weeks left in the UK before he gets back and I’m hoping to take him on some cool proud dad trails when he does 😉

tomaso
    Free Member

Can’t help with the loan bike but I can recommend the Ridgeback MX14 as a good piece of kit as both my daughters have used the same one and it has proved perfect and reliable. Aim for about £50-70 secondhand.

If its cheap and cheerful you are after – for some reason Giant’s kids bikes are very cheap to buy secondhand.

BearBack
    Free Member

Yep, the MX14 is on my list to look out for. Most ebay sales have been ‘pickup only’ at the other end of the country 🙁
    Seems they are teh only two with front and rear hand brakes and no coaster brake.
    Ta

takisawa2

Join a local Yahoo Freecycle group where your going to be & post an ad. It’s not cheeky, & someone somewhere will have one. (Probably not £200 worth if Islabike though) 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘cnoc14 or similar loaner bike?’ is closed to new replies.