Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • cnoc 14 (or 16) or 12" BMX for a four year old?
  • BruceWee

My soon to be four year old son is graduating from the balance bike to something with pedals.

I’m inclined towards the islabike offerings but we like riding on the local pump track and I’m thinking that a BMX might be more appropriate, especially if he discovers the joy of jumps and drops.

Any advice? I don’t want to get him into the n+1 habit too early so buying both is out of the question 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[Img]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0248/4039/products/Early_Rider_Belter_16_Trail_to_scale_grande.jpg?v=1457088247[/img]

Psikkk, braw!

Little Miss CFH has the slick tyred version, and it’s ace.

stewart4444
    Free Member

I have a cnoc 14 which to me looks like a bmx.
    son is now on to beinn 20 which is defo more MTb than BMX.

TomB

My lad got the Cnoc14 aged 3.5. I think the bigger wheels help in most circumstances, and he ride our pump track on it. I think a 12″ bmx would generally be more limiting.

letmetalktomark

Cnoc14. Thats what we did.

He outgrew it pretty quick mind 🙁 (now saved for his brother)

BruceWee

Mmm, now I want the Early Rider. Cheers, CFH!

andysredmini
    Free Member

My daughter had a cnoc 16 (now a Beinn 20) and a 12″ wethepeople seed Bmx. The Bmx is much better on the pumptrack and skate park and the islas are better for general riding as you would expect. Before she got the Bmx she used to ride the Isla at the pump track and it was fine.

The Isla is nothing like a Bmx though so ignore that advice above.

One negative of a Bmx is they are heavy compared to islas although it never bothered my daughter. The seed Bmx is a good one and built like an adult bike with quality parts.

kimbers

Isla, frog or Hoy when hes big enough as I think they tart at 16inch?

Id say our Hoy is a better bike than our islas and was a fair bit cheaper, all S/H

Harry_the_Spider

How about a Ridgeback MX16? I know of one for sale 😉

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ridgeback-mx16-childs-bike

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘cnoc 14 (or 16) or 12" BMX for a four year old?’ is closed to new replies.