Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • CNC GoPro Mounts for Seatposts
  • jlc
    Free Member

I can see a fair few CNC handlebar mounts but I’m looking for a minimalist CNC mount for a seatpost (27.2 and 31.8). Just wondered if there are any out there?
    Also any recommendations for a light weight chest mount. Thanks

geuben
    Free Member

K-edge do a seat mount that attaches to the seat rails.

As for the chest mount, the official one (or the clones that are 99% the same) doesn’t exactly weigh much!

stevied
    Free Member

Won’t a handlebar one fit a 31.8mm sratpost?

andysredmini
    Free Member

I wouldn’t buy a copy chest mount or any cheap plastic mount for that matter. I started looking for some and a common theme in reviews was that they are badly made, ill fitting with original gopro parts and the plastic tends to be harder and more brittle leading to gopros snapping off and going awol. The genuine mounts are not expensive and at least you know they are well designed and made.

momo

stevied – Member
    Won’t a handlebar one fit a 31.8mm sratpost

Puts the camera the wrong way round (on its side).

I’ve got a cheapo plastic one from China via ebay, never had a problem with it slipping. Only issue is that if used rear facing it tends to end up covered in mud so you don’t see anything unles it’s absolutely bone dry.

Again I have a chinese chesty mount, functionality wise it’s no different to my mates genuine one but cost me less than a fiver. As said above, it’s not exactly heavy, especially when compared to the camera hanging off it!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Anyone moaning about a strap/mount breaking and going awol perhaps shouldn’t be using one…
    Why on earth would you hang several hundred quids worth of camera off a bike/car/cheat/bar/etc without a tether?
    A certain number of P’s springs to mind…..

smatkins1
    Free Member

Don’t do what I did…

I used a eBay sourced handlebar mount to mount my GoPro to my seatpost facing backwards. Great until the GoPro rotated in the mount and then got sucked into my rear wheel at full travel.

I don’t know which I was more annoyed about, the broken GoPro or the marks it made on my frame.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Puts the camera the wrong way round (on its side).

You can get right angle adaptors that fix this. 🙂

STATO
    Free Member

Why on earth would you hang several hundred quids worth of camera off a bike/car/cheat/bar/etc without a tether?

Any good suggestions? its difficult to find any that dont just attach to the thumb-screw (which is pointless when the tabs snap of the housing). I have thin clip looped through the housing back plate hinge but the strap it clips to is short, need to find something that comes in multiple lengths that i can buy multiples of so dont need to faff swapping tether over every time i move to another mount.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Why shouldn’t I use one? I have never felt the need to tether it using the genuine mounts and some of the situations I have used it in have been properly testing. I’m not sure how you would even go about tethering it in some situations.

hainman
    Free Member

I have been using the K-edge bar mount copy off amazon for around a year,only issue I’ve had was the bolt that holds the GoPro on the mount was made of cheese but I found a bolt similar to a calliper bolt but smaller lying around and it fits perfect and better than the original,plus not slipping always perfect footage

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

I use the Raceware one, not cnc’d but well tested and nicely made

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My £0.02.

I’ve got loads of fake mounts, they’re fine, apart form the ‘3M’ sticky pads which are rubbish compared to the genuine ones.

The mounts are sometimes a bit tighter, no bother, just needs a bit of a twist to get it in/out. The CNC mounts are far better than even the genuine plastic mounts, and no more extraneous thumb screws to catch on stuff.

Lanyards/teathers. I bought an aluminium lens surround which had an attachment point. A bit of 1.5mm dyneema and I just tie it to something solid every time (only ‘lost’ it once). Takes less time to tie a bowline than it does to think about it and it does the job.

geuben
    Free Member

A bit of strong chord looped through the hinge pin and tied to something else suffices as a tether.

As for the knock off mounts, apart from the GoPro logo there is no noticeable difference between my official and knock off chest mount. I used it MTBing, skiing and cliff jumping, no breakages or lost cameras.

CraigW
    Free Member

There’s some cheap aluminium saddle rail mounts on Dealextreme, I might buy one of those to try. http://www.dx.com/p/fat-cat-outdoor-cycling-bike-2-rail-saddle-seat-mount-for-gopro-hero4-3-2-sj4000-5000-black-362591

hammyuk
    Free Member

We use 2mm cord direct from the manufacturer for work tethers but you can get the same type from Decathlon.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

There’s some cheap aluminium saddle rail mounts on Dealextreme, I might buy one of those to try. http://www.dx.com/p/fat-cat-outdoor-cycling-bike-2-rail-saddle-seat-mount-for-gopro-hero4-3-2-sj4000-5000-black-362591

Just had a look on ebay and they can be had for less than a fiver, nice find. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘CNC GoPro Mounts for Seatposts’ is closed to new replies.