Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • C'mon Halfords, don't let me down…
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

There is now some movement when you sit on the saddle – difficult to prove it wasn’t there before, but trust me, it wasn’t.

confused,

1) are you suggesting a kinked fluid-carrying hose has caused wear in the keyways inside the post that restrict rotational movement?

2) You trust Evans to second-guess work done at Halfords?

eightyeight
    Free Member

Crashtest monkey.

1) No, I’m not suggesting the two are related, only that before there wasn’t any movement and now there is. The hose bodge is a separate issue.

2) Yes. There is objectively play in the frame and, having taken a before picture of reverb set up, there is no room for interpretation that the hose has been reattached and threaded in a manner which would lead to future malfunction.

Never had anything but good service from Evans tbh.

murf
    Free Member

Should’ve got the gold service…

eightyeight
    Free Member

Should’ve got the gold service…

Word.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Unfortunately this is exactly what happened to my brothers bike (see my earlier post) – the halfords bike ‘technicians’ hadn’t reattached the rear triangle properly and ended up with lateral play in the pivots. He kept taking it back for them to sort but the muppets had obviously not put a bush in properly or something and just kept trying to tighten the pivot bolts back up to no avail. He ended up with a whole new bike eventually.

You (and he) would have been better off just getting the new frame off them and building it up yourself.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘C'mon Halfords, don't let me down…’ is closed to new replies.