Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • C'mon England please!! Who's watching?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I know there’s many haters on here but I shall be watching with a lot of hope tonight. We’ve not performed for so long and at times through this group its been desperate to watch! I’ve got tickets for the Poland game on Tuesday so please make it worth my while travelling down to wembley!

Jamie
    Free Member

I refuse to watch unless they ban that ****ing band.

ads678

Hieneken cup first round starts tonight, for that reason i’m out.

Tiiiiiiigeeeeerrrrrrs!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not me. Even the tournaments England are not worth watching as we can’t get past the QF. Best thing would be for us to fail to qualify and have a total clear out. The fact is the Champions League is a 100 times better.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not me. Even the tournaments England are not worth watching as we can’t get past the QF. Best thing would be for us to fail to qualify and have a total clear out. The fact is the Champions League is a 100 times better.

Word.

It annoys me when the interlull gets in the way of normal football, prem/championship/champions league etc, stuff.

Mantastic
    Free Member

With a reducing pool of English players playing in the top flight we will see English performances going rapidly downhill. Won’t be long until free trade of players gets questioned and we go back to the good old days of only 3 foreign players allowed on the field at any one time.

Ps am not watching it as its just shite

Harry_the_Spider

Not me.

I just can’t bring myself to care about them any more. 😕

wrightyson
    Free Member

Looks like its just me then and my slightly annoyed family!

sc-xc

wendyball

chavball

etc.

I’ll be watching, hopefully occasionally jumping off the settee.

leec247
    Free Member

I’m not sure whether to watch or not. Wife’s out for drinks with her friends so it me and the little ones at home tonite. It’s a choice of either football or gta v once their in bed. Think gta will probably win

trailmonkey

yup, i’m in.

it’ll be painful.

it’s always painful.

Drac

Not me as a hater, I would like to see them win though.

ceejay64
    Free Member

I will be watching, i still believe
    COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!!! 😀

ddmonkey

I amazed anyone cares about the England football team anymore. Not me.

spud-face

I shall be alternating between Poland’s 2nd half and England’s 1st. Happily, the scheduling means I can have a whole match of Artur Boruc fanboy/mancrush-ness then flick over in good time to see England desperately slamming long balls up to Rickie Lambert (an absolute waste of his talents) for the last twenty minutes. What is it about England players that as soon as someone big goes up front, they cannot resist but **** balls aimlessly?

With a reducing pool of English players playing in the top flight we will see English performances going rapidly downhill

You could win the majority of international matches with championship players, all you’d need was organisation, tactics and for the players to actually give a toss.

Plenty more saints players to come through and patch some holes though (once they finish in the top half and therefore become visible to England managers).

aa
    Free Member

i’ll be watching.

It’s a great game, irrespective of whether it’s international football (it’ll end in disappointment). Or the local league 2 club (it’ll end in disappointment).

theotherjonv

Me. They might be a bunch of overpaid, over pampered prima donnas but they’re MY bunch of overpaid, over pampered prima donnas, and for that reason I can’t be out, I have to be in!!

Come on England! 47 years of hurt and still counting, but I still believe.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I’ll be watching. Much as I enjoy league football and the CL, the World Cup is the pinnacle of the game. And it’s in Braaziiiillllll 🙂

deluded
    Free Member

Predictions –

Mute button for the moments with Chiles.

Keane will have a face that makes Queen Victoria’s look like Timmy Mallet’s.

England will win by two goals.

Marge
    Free Member

More importantly (for me) Belgium has just qualified for the world cup 🙂 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

I shall be watching
    # schadenfreude

sc-xc

# schadenfreude

Is he the fella they are trying to get for 2015?

Jamie
    Free Member

More importantly (for me) Belgium has just qualified for the world cup

Romelu Lukaku, proving yet again, that Mourinho was right to loan him out to Everton. As he is not good enough to play for Chelsea. 😐

stumpy01

Forgot it was on… I’m gonna go and stick out on now. Cheers for the heads up!

Junkyard
    Free Member

mourinho is an odd fella isnt he
    Would be a big hitter on here for sure but no mata or Lukaku is odd to say the least. His ideal team would probably have 1 keeper 4 john terrys and 6 midfielders

benji
    Free Member

Not me, hope they lose, that way the country won’t go mad for a few weeks and maybe we can have some other sports on the telly, cyclocross would be nice, belgium and dutch tv have good coverage.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ll be watching, struggling to care though. I want to support my national team, just wish they made me feel that they were worth the effort.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Romelu Lukaku, proving yet again, that Mourinho was right to loan him out to Everton.

Proving that he was right not to loan him out to Arsenal though 🙂

Poland looking good against Ukraine 🙂

sc-xc

Not me, hope they lose, that way the country won’t go mad for a few weeks and maybe we can have some other sports on the telly, cyclocross would be nice, belgium and dutch tv have good coverage.

Even if we lose, I can’t imagine a nation of football lovers (like it or not – we are) would go for watching such dull shit.

benji
    Free Member

Even if we lose, I can’t imagine a nation of football lovers (like it or not – we are) would go for watching such dull shit.

Don’t know why, it would save you 30 minutes, compared to the 90 minutes of yawn inducinement that is football. We are told we are a nation of football lovers, I don’t know anyone who actually likes it, no work colleagues or mates.

athgray
    Free Member

Will probably start watching, but I seem to have a low boredom threshold with football these days. If not much happening a switch to BBC4 may be on.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ll be trying to watch but I wonder how long before my attention wanders.

Thing with this England (and every one since Euro 96), they don’t know how to entertain as well as occasionally win be several clear goals.

remember Euro 96, 4-1 win over the highly fancied Netherlands? And Paul Gascoigne juggling the ball over Colin Hendry before burying it in the back of the net? ah, those were the days.

Junkyard
    Free Member

so no one you know likes football

I find that hard to believe tbh and it is certainly atypically for the UK

I think if you asked folk to vote football would beat belgian cyclocross by a about 18 million or so votes

aa
    Free Member

what if a person, like me for example likes both?

Can we have both or are we only allowed one?

I know literally hundreds of people who love football, from the typical feral scum you’d assume were football fans on account of them being worthless feral scum, to senior educationalists. (but there must be something wrong with them as they like football).

wrecker
    Free Member

I don’t really follow it, but I’ve been shocked that everyone *hopes* that we can beat Montenegro.
    Is that where we’re at now???
    FFS Montenegro has only been a country for 7 years, and they’re already as good as us at recruiting, coaching and training football players?

Vern0n
    Free Member

I’m in, with curry and a tin.

deluded
    Free Member

FFS Montenegro has only been a country for 7 years, and they’re already as good as us at recruiting, coaching and training football players?

… and a population roughly the same as Bristol.

aa
    Free Member

yugoslavia has, historically, been pretty good at football.

tomkerton
    Free Member

I’m in sadly without a beer, early shift tomorrow.

wrecker
    Free Member

yugoslavia has, historically, been pretty good at football.

Fair enough, but Montenegro is only a fraction of it!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘C'mon England please!! Who's watching?’ is closed to new replies.