Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • C'mon CRC…
  • kevin1911

So it seems CRC have detected the hole through which the hackers got the CC details and have now patched it (with a puncture repair kit I presume)…

So it must be about time they done another 10 or 15% off promo to restore customer confidence and good will.

Got quite a few things I need – so c’mon CRC don’t leave it too long….

wwaswas

well, they’ve given anyone who’s actually been affected a £30 voucher which is quite good…

Raymond

If you were one of those scammed they are giving away £30 vouchers – spent mine already. Lets hope it doesn’t result in another credit card cancellation!

Dobbo

I find merlin are good now, plus the free sign up thing on the front page gives 10% off and delivery was quicker than CRC has been recently, there are other companies to try!

flatfish
    Free Member

Let me get this right, you didn’t get scammed and you want money off for nowt?

clubber
    Free Member

Yes, please 😉

The thing is actually it makes sense – lots of people will have heard about the problems and will consider going elsewhere even if it didn’t affect them this time.

FWIW, I used to pretty much get everything from CRC – these days, I check there too but they’re often not the cheapest now and their delivery isn’t anywhere near as good as it used to be.

kevin1911

Let me get this right, you didn’t get scammed and you want money off for nowt?

Actually now you mention it, nah. If they offer a discount, I won’t use it cos I wasn’t affected. It just wouldn’t be moral would it? 😉

Dobbo

They’d have to offer me £100 voucher to come back to them and for me to recommend them. Please Email it to dobbo@dobbomail.com.

anc
    Free Member

I was never going to use CRC again last week….. then they sent me £30………so now CRC are best online retailer in the world and I won’t hear any different !! :mrgreen:

Yes I know I’m very weak……. 😳 but I don’t care… 😀

theotherjonv

How do they know if you were scammed, to send the voucher

wwaswas

they asked everyone who had CC problems to email or phone.

theotherjonv

OK, I missed that. How then do they sift out the chancers……

anc
    Free Member

But some folk who didn’t contact them also got vouchers sent. So either they know who got done by other means or their senting them to everyone who made a purchase by card in a certain period.
    Anyway fair pay to them its a very good come back to us offer.

Worth a try with your email in the voucher box on the basket page 😉 you might be lucky

faint
    Free Member

how did you get the £30 voucher ?

anc
    Free Member

It comes in a email, but all its telling you to do is enter your email address into the voucher box on the basket page.

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, but I did check and it doesn’t work if you didn’t get the email 😉

Taff
    Free Member

They do 15% off quite a bit. I keep getting email about them knocking off at least 15% – problem is that is their general price.

kevin1911

They do 15% off quite a bit. I keep getting email about them knocking off at least 15% – problem is that is their general price.

That’s wiggle is it not? Must say it really gets on my goat and puts me off even looking now.

firestarter
    Free Member

they could give me 50 % off and i still wouldnt use them again

anc
    Free Member

Yeah that’s wiggle, CRC vouchers can be added to their discounted prices.

iain1775
    Free Member

anyone affected who recieved a £30 voucher and only realised the link with CRC through the earlier thread should donate the voucher to me for alerting them to it 😉

anc
    Free Member

Iain1775 I hear your on the Irish Mafia’s hit list so you won’t be able to spend them anyway :mrgreen:

fadda

I had a call from my card company the other day, and they’ve subsequently closed my card account following several dodgy transactions. (opening a new one for me, I hasten to add!). I’ve used that card a few times with crc in the last couple of months.

Thought it was good that they spotted it and called me before I even knew myself.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Damn it, I got hit and never got round to reporting it to them.

Fingers crossed they spot it anyway, probably too late to report it as they’ll think I’m just a chancer but might try tonight anyway.

I feel I missed out now because I always use paypal so I didn’t get scammed. 🙁

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘C'mon CRC…’ is closed to new replies.