Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Clutch Rear Mech with Rotor Q Ring
  • thesurfbus
    Free Member

I run a 1×10 drivetrain, use a bash guard and a Jump Stop, never had a problem droping the chain until I started using a Rotor Q Ring, only does this on rough decents.
    I have read that a clutch style rear mech will reduce the chances of the chain getting dropped as he mech will not flap around on the rough stuff.
    I was wondering what effect the Q Ring (if any) will have on the clutch mechanism, as the rear mech cage moves forward/back due to the oval front ring. Will I notice a pedalling resistance, probably not, but just wondering.

Thanks

BigJohn

I don’t know about Rotor rings but Biopace (also oval) are OK for singlespeeding as they don’t make the chain tighten and loosen much at all. So they don’t make the mech move back & forth.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

The long cage rear mech probably deflects about +/-5mm

DanW
    Free Member

I can’t find the links quickly but there are several people using clutch rear mechs and offset rings without any issues. The chain growth is small as BigJohn says- if it works with singlespeed then it would look to be fine with a clutch mech too.

Is the Rotor ring the singlespeed version? If not this might be an issue helping the chain to drop a bit.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Thanks, pretty sure its a singlespeed ring but will check.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Clutch Rear Mech with Rotor Q Ring’ is closed to new replies.